A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 9th January 2018, 02:13 PM

Default Marcin's old 2006 A8 D3 for sale

After much deliberation I have decided to sell the A8 I bought from Marcin end of 2016.

See his thread here: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12308

I bought it to replace a hot hatch thinking it would tick all the boxes but if I am honest I do not enjoy driving it as much and will be going back to something smaller.
It also has a couple of issues: the air conditioning stopped blowing cold air whilst in France on a family holiday and the front left strut has recently started to leak which means I have stopped driving the car and it has been laid up for a couple of months on a charger. I’ve finally made up my mind and now is the time to sell it

In my ownership I have replaced the front windscreen because of a crack and also the rear screen for peace of mind before the foam seal perishes, as I was going to keep the car long term.
It also has 4 new tyres, new battery and GB number plates (comes with the personalised plate)
The interior and exterior condition is pretty much as it left Marcin with regular washes but I can get some pictures up at the weekend.

Other than the two faults mentioned above I have enjoyed many miles of trouble free motoring including a 2500 mile round trip to Alicante in total effortless comfort.
MOT until end August 2018.

I haven’t driven the car since I noticed the leaking strut so it is up to you if you drive it away or put it on a trailer.

£4,000. Which I think is realistic considering the previous maintenance work gone into the car (by Marcin!) and the extras he has added.

PM if interested, thanks.

Last edited by qypevj; 9th January 2018 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Got the year wrong
Old 12th January 2018, 02:15 PM

car is now sold
Old 12th January 2018, 08:40 PM

Wow!
That didn't take long

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)
Old 13th January 2018, 11:41 PM

Wow, and that was very quick, not surprised tho.
Was it a forum member? Will by any chance?
I hope it’s him or at least a forum member

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 17th January 2018, 12:10 PM

It is a forum member, I will let them announce any plans they have for the car. I will miss it. I was quite sad to see it go onto the trailer but head had to rule the heart on this one as I could not afford to keep it as well as two other cars with a baby on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
Wow, and that was very quick, not surprised tho.
Was it a forum member? Will by any chance?
I hope it’s him or at least a forum member