A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 12th March 2016, 06:33 PM

Default Free Audi Ensurance Even For Older Models

https://insurewithaudi.co.uk/products/Ensurance/

Haven't seen this before, so just signed up, hope some find it useful, there is also an accident assistant smartphone app that looks useful....

Ensurance
Get Cover Now
Ensurance is Audi's free accident and repair cover. It works alongside your existing comprehensive motor insurance policy, no matter who you are insured with, to help get your Audi back on the road if it has been damaged in an accident or stolen. It’s free for three years and is available on both new and older models.

Your free Ensurance cover includes:

Guaranteed use of an Audi approved repairer and Audi trained technicians
Repair using only genuine Audi parts
Cover for both fault and non-fault claims
A dedicated Claims Manager
Legal Expenses Cover
To benefit from Ensurance you’ll need to activate your free cover which takes less than a minute.

Get Cover Now
Once you've activated Ensurance, if you need to report an accident call us first on 0333 043 3780

What our customers say…
“A very big thank you to you and your colleagues at Audi Ensurance. This was quite a stressful time for my wife and I as we had never been in an accident but you made the whole process much more bearable.”
Mr Thomas, London

You can also report a claim via the iPhone or android app .
Download them here:

DOWNLOAD FOR IPHONEOrDOWNLOAD FOR ANDROID

For more details on what’s covered please refer to the Ensurance Cover Booklet. Please note you will need to pay any policy excesses that you are responsible for in accordance with the terms and conditions of your motor insurance policy.
Old 13th March 2016, 02:19 PM

Nice tip, thanks.
Old 14th March 2016, 08:20 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Am I being a bit thick on this? I can't really see what you're getting, other than Audi making sure that they get the repair work.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 14th March 2016, 10:05 AM

I'd be very happy to have Audi get the repair work and do it properly than for the lowest-bidder bondo merchant's to do it to shoddy standards with aftermarket parts.

Seems like a no-brainer to me
Old 14th March 2016, 10:30 AM

Am I right in reading that the legal expense cover is also free? Only a small saving but is an incentive.
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 14th March 2016, 01:06 PM

maybe I am being thick but it seems to me that the reasoning from Audi is to get the repair work through their network ; as it is the insurance company who agrees the cost of repairs this would infer that Audi would meet them on the price in order to achieve this

or am i missing something ?
Old 14th March 2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnick View Post
or am i missing something ?
I think it depends ...
If it is the third party at fault, they will recover all the costs for a genuine Audi repair and Audi hire car.

If it is 50:50 or your fault, they will use it to insist on a repair via the dealer network rather than Just Car Clinic or similar and know the reasons why this should be and what evidence to submit. You have the right to choose any VBRA-approved bodyshop, but insurance companies can make it difficult such as by saying you have to pay yourself and then claim it back after waiting 3 months, but Audi will deal with all this rubbish for you.
Old 14th March 2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
I think it depends ...
If it is the third party at fault, they will recover all the costs for a genuine Audi repair and Audi hire car.

If it is 50:50 or your fault, they will use it to insist on a repair via the dealer network rather than Just Car Clinic or similar and know the reasons why this should be and what evidence to submit. You have the right to choose any VBRA-approved bodyshop, but insurance companies can make it difficult such as by saying you have to pay yourself and then claim it back after waiting 3 months, but Audi will deal with all this rubbish for you.
Thanks for the tip and clarification, just signed up.
Old 14th March 2016, 08:58 PM

Is this not effectively just and Audi sponsored accident management company? I suspect this will make them some £££
Old 14th March 2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrstaylor View Post
Is this not effectively just and Audi sponsored accident management company? I suspect this will make them some £££
I think that's probably pretty much spot on: they "manage" this for you, and then take their cut/make their profit, on behalf on whoever is sponsoring/managing them.

I had the same with my recent (no fault) claim on my Tesla - the other party's insurer (Co-op) put me in touch with another "accident management company" who's primary interest was to act on behalf of them and manage their costs.

Adding another layer of intermediary just adds more cost, somewhere along the way.