A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 3rd August 2010, 10:57 AM
alefustec

Default Wheels wanted

I'm looking for a set of wheels for my D2 S8.

I have tried everywhere but no luck, thought I was onto a winner with wheels gateway but they don't deliver to Jersey!

Ideally I want 20"s but would also consider 19"s. Looking for RS8, RS4 style but will consider others. New would be ideal but used isn't a problem as long as they are in good condition (as I can't get them re-firbished here as no-one does it!)

So if anyone has anything they want to sell, or can point me in the right direction that would be great.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:50 PM

Not sure how much your wanting to spend but i've got a set of 19.5x9.5 BBS LMs complete with spacers and wheels studs etc. They've done approx 1000 miles. They're not on my car at the moment as i took them off for winter and haven't got round to fitting them again. I think one has a scuff. I can Email you pics if you want.They cost me £4000 with tyres. Make me an offer if your interested. Link to picture in gallery below. See 'Darrens S8'

http://www.pwmotorsport.com/Gallery.aspx
Old 3rd August 2010, 01:51 PM

Have you tryed alloywheels.com (rochford tyres)? They only do replicas, but at a decent price.

I know.. I know..

Old 3rd August 2010, 07:18 PM
alefustec

Default wheels wanted

thanks very much for responding, and wow, now they are very very nice!.........but at £4k new with only a thousand miles way out of my budget

I don't know what you have on the car at the moment but they must also be pretty damn nice if you haven't got round to putting these puppies back on!
Old 3rd August 2010, 08:14 PM

The BBS rims are stunning

Try SWtyres too, they'll ship anywhere

A8OC Founder

The A8 Owners Club here
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:19 PM
alefustec

thanks for the tip - i'll check now...
Old 4th August 2010, 09:34 AM
alefustec

Default views on these?

Checked Rocheford tyres out and found these RS4 replicas in 9x20 which I think will fit.......I know original audi would be best but simply can't afford it as I have to get the cam belt done, oil trf box leak sorted and Tv tuner wired in. I am running original 18" Avus but they have winter tyres on so think it makes sense to get a wheel and tyre package so I can just switch the wheels over for winter/summer (although we don't get much snow in Jersey so winter tyres aren't exactly a requirement......which makes me wonder why on earth the previous owner put them on).....also hoping it will help the fuel consumption a bit!!

Any views - the price is VERY good!
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheels.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1264
Old 4th August 2010, 09:53 AM
daz.g

I looked at those reps when I got wheels a few months back but wasn't sure how they would look on a D2 ? Its so hard to know without bolting them on .
I was looking for the old rs4 reps in a 20 but they only made them upto a 19.
Managed to find a set of low mileage bbs ck's in the end though......
Old 4th August 2010, 10:44 AM
alefustec

I know what you mean.....I like the wheels but am a little unsure as to what they will look like on the car. Ideally I wanted RS8 style, or the old RS4 ones you were interested in but have had the same problem, only 19's, plus they often don't look quite 'right' if you know what I mean. I would settle for 19's (which my wife would prefer as I had some 20" BBS but she complained it was too firm - although she is 8 months pregnant!) but when I do find something I like they are from a supplier that doesn't ship to Jersey.
Old 4th August 2010, 02:22 PM

Heres my S8 with genuine Audi 20'' D3 RS 4 275/35/20s on it. I didn't really think they suited it to be honest. How about some OEM RS 6 19'' wheels? Sure you should be able to get some under £1k..

2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds