A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Generic A8 / S8 forums > A8 / S8 Generic Posts

A8 / S8 Generic Posts All other useful info

Old 20th May 2009, 06:57 AM
entwisi

Default Own a Nokia N series or E series Mobile?

As I'm a bit( OK a lot) of a phone geek if anyone owns one of the above phones I have loads of freeware stuff that I've collected over the last couple of years that I'm happy to share. ( apps, themes, games etc)

Some stuff such as the Accuweather or iPlayer widget I can even 'hack' to your own preferences/locations or to enable stuff that is normally disabled (e.g. iPlayer is by default locked to WIFI access only, I have enabled mine for use over 3G, dead useful when out with little ones that you want to keep quiet for 10-15 mins whilst you look at stuff!)

Post here or PM me for links.

Ian
Old 20th May 2009, 09:49 AM

That sounds quite usefull mate, I have both an I phone and an N95 but I player won't work on my RNS D via the I Phone, so if I could get it on the N95 that would be great, hard to do?
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 20th May 2009, 09:58 AM
entwisi

Nope, piece of cake mate

I'll stick it all in a zip file and upload to webspace with destructions.
Old 20th May 2009, 10:39 AM

Thanks, much appreciated
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 20th May 2009, 08:41 PM
entwisi

OK, heres a link to some. its a zip of 80MB.

http://entwisi.com/entwisi/A8.zip

destructions.

Firstly, I have collected all the software whilst its been available for freeware. If anyone has any copyright issues or claims, just email/Pm me and I will happily remove it from the zip

To install, either use Bluetooth to send to your device ( they appear as messages in your inbox) or use Nokia software suite and a cable.

any .jars can be sent directly to a phone, Nokias are superb in that they manage it all. if you own a samsung or Sony-E you can still use these but you need to create a .jad file. Ask me how if you want to do this.

any .sis and .sisx files are Symbian only. firstly, turn off certificate checking. do this in App Manager( in various places on different devices so hard for me to say exactly where. usually its under Tools, settings, applications, app Manager.)

Go into this then select options and turn off all cert checking and online checking possible.

you should be OK now to install most things. if you get a certificate expired notice set your clock to 1st May 2007 and try again. if this fails set to 1/5/2008 and retry. any that fail this let me know.

That should let you get most things installed.

Any that mess you about let me know.

I have also some 'trialware' that I'm happy to send out but won't put anywhere near this forum. this is stuff for you to try and should you feel that its worth having I expect you to purchase teh correct license. I do however realise that a lot of people want to test stuff before chucking hard earned cash at it. TBH I have found far too much stuff to be worthless after paying good money for it as no 'demo' was available. If Ian wishes to edit this post to remove this section feel free, i know its a subject of much discussion. and angst.
Old 21st May 2009, 08:12 AM
entwisi

BTW in case you aren't aware of them, here are some shortcuts and hints/tips

in menu mode the menu icons are 'mapped' to the equivalent number key on the keypad 9e.g. top left is mapped to 1, bottom right to # and you can just press the relevant key to select an icon.

you can arrange any icon to anywhere in the menu structure, so put most commonly used apps on the front screen or on easily remembered key press sequences ( e.g. TomTom on mine is 5-5 )

if you press and hold the right and soft key it enables voice commands so you can say names etc and it will autodial or even activate functions ( e.g. saying Bluetooth turns it on and off. you may need to reset teh voice dial function first.)

Press and holding the left soft key "reads" out any new text messages on some models.

To quickly switch between silent and general profiles hold the # key

A quick press of the power key brings up a list of different profiles to choose from.

Hold the menu key for a list of apps currently running. select one to switch to it or press the C key to close it down.

If you set the "log" function to 10 days instead of 30 it will speed up the device overall!

I'll add more when I think of them!