A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 17th December 2015, 09:39 AM

Default Reverse camera question

After mmi update to 5570 automatically when car in reverse screen pops up with rear view.
Can I disable it somehow?
Before when mmi off I only had a beeps and for rear camera system needed to be ON
Old 17th December 2015, 01:48 PM

I really can't think of a reason why you would want to disable it?? I went from having no camera, or even sensors, on my D2 to having a reverse camera and front and rear sensors on my D3. I was paranoid about backing "blind" into spaces due to the size of the D2, the D3 is even bigger and I'm happy with all the help I can get to be honest. The camera took a bit of getting used to (still used my mirrors and own judgment at first) but I can't think of a single reason I'd think "Oh that annoys me, I'll switch it off"

Each to their own of course, I'm sure you have your reasons

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 17th December 2015, 02:24 PM

If you want the parking graphic to be on by default rather than the camera, I think you press Setup button of bottom right corner button when the camera is on. Then in the future the graphic will be shown.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 17th December 2015, 05:09 PM

I could be wrong but I think the issue here is when the screen is closed and you engage reverse the screen opens automatically!?

Occasionally on my old D3 (also with 5570) this would happen, and then even worse it would close again but then re-open when I turned of the ignition!!!! Locking the car it would still stay open but then after a while something "turned off" and it would close
Old 18th December 2015, 03:12 AM

Sounds like another good reason not to update to me, I am amazed I have restrained myself from doing it as I'm normally updating, jailbreaking and generally ****ing around with the latest and greatest of everything software related but not with the car.

Don't think you can go backwards either to get rid of the issues for the OP

Old 18th December 2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Sounds like another good reason not to update to me, I am amazed I have restrained myself from doing it as I'm normally updating, jailbreaking and generally ****ing around with the latest and greatest of everything software related but not with the car.

Don't think you can go backwards either to get rid of the issues for the OP
I think the benefits far outweighed this issue for me, it was easily worked around and not really a huge problem in any case
Old 18th December 2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrstaylor View Post
I could be wrong but I think the issue here is when the screen is closed and you engage reverse the screen opens automatically!?

Occasionally on my old D3 (also with 5570) this would happen, and then even worse it would close again but then re-open when I turned of the ignition!!!! Locking the car it would still stay open but then after a while something "turned off" and it would close

Yes you are right
I Want reverse camera when I need it, not all the time when in reverse
MMI off it should mean off
Annoying to me