A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Wheels and Tyres

D3 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 14th May 2012, 06:06 PM

Default TPMS sensors and valves

Can anyone pls confirm which sensor valves are the correct ones to order for a 2005 W12?

I need to replace the sensors but the local stealer wants around 160GBP EACH for them - can get them online for a third of that but want to order valves too as the incompetents here will more than likely break the old ones removing them and they only cost a few quid - just need to get the right ones.

Rockauto have 4 different varieties with different length stems http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...parttype,12993 but obviously I can't check that without removing the tyres and the old ones which renders the car useless - anyone have the info?

Thanks, as always.

2005 A8L W12 Almond Beige
2008 Jaguar XK Convertible
1971 Jensen Interceptor II (soon to be Mendip Blue)
Old 21st May 2012, 03:31 AM

No-one?

Old 21st May 2012, 08:19 AM

I'll see if I can find details in etka this pm if nobody else can help. Can dealer not supply part number?

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 21st May 2012, 09:26 PM

Had a look at wheel fitment section for a 2005 '8 and it lists a metal valve for models with tyre pressure monitor as 4d0 601 361

There's also a replacement valve insert available for the above part number N 908 733 01

Valves complete are circa 14GBP each, valve insert 1.50GBP

Note there are a number of different TPMS units depending on exact spec of car

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 22nd May 2012, 07:13 AM

Thanks Adrian - been looking everywhere I can (only have the Bentley manual - no ETKA) online but can't seem to find the answer anywhere. One site I found only offerred the 43mm valves for this car so am going to try them.

Unfortunately, the "dealers" in this part of the world a) don't give a damn and b) often don't have a clue. Their only interest is in selling parts at grossly inflated prices - customer service doesn't even come into it.

Have ordered the sensors and valves online - will be watching over the shoulder of the tyre fitter to make sure he doesn't destroy them.

Old 28th May 2012, 12:46 PM

For anyone that's interested, I ordered the 43.5mm ones from RockAuto - now installed and working fine. 73 USD for the sensors and a few more for the valves - 31 USD the lot delivered by Fedex to the middle east in 48 hrs. That means they cost just over a quarter of what the dealer was asking!!!