A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 25th August 2013, 10:37 PM

Default Velominati Rule#12...N+1

Quote:
Velominati Rule #12

The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner
I had never heard of, Trigon. A quick Google search revealed that this Taiwan company have been making bike parts for over 20 years for most of the big Italian bike manufacturers and a couple of years ago they decided to branch out and make their own frames. Further investigation showed that their bikes are top quality but at a fraction of the cost of Italian names so i decided to go and have a look.

I went for a spin on it today, even I could not believe how easily it goes uphill. The 22 mile cat4 route with an elevation gain of 1375 feet was a perfect chance to see what the bike was capable of and I managed to lop a whacking 4m 7s off my best time

Was it the bike, or the new Conti 4000s, or possibly even me being fitter? 4 minutes is a lot to gain in 22 miles, especially as the usual fast slight downhill section had a headwind so I never made up my usual time gain there, it definitely climbs faster and I certainly didn't feel as fatigued as on previous times. I like this bike a lot...

2013 Trigon RQC27 (Carbon Fibre weight 7.3 kgs)
[/quote]

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro

Last edited by 47p2; 13th September 2020 at 10:49 PM.
Old 26th August 2013, 07:18 PM

Some nice gear...

Seeing as we're on the 2-wheel run.. My little carbon special..

Done about 1300 miles in it, including the Etape Caledonia in May, and it regularly hits 40+ over the Eaglesham moor road
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike-red-tyres.jpg
Views:	1372
Size:	948.0 KB
ID:	6577  

I know.. I know..

Old 26th August 2013, 10:06 PM

Eaglesham Moor Road is a good route, I like it a lot

Nice Ribble, is that a 105 groupset on it?

Old 27th August 2013, 06:58 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

But do both wheels leave the ground Richard?
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 27th August 2013, 08:59 AM

Full 105 setup, 50/34 front and 11-28 rear. Seriously considering a swap to the 53/39 for the front as I almost never get to bottom gear, but do spin out in top now and again

Don't think I've ever had the bike airborne Jim, but that's probably a good thing with no suspension and wheels a finger width wide.

I know.. I know..

Old 27th August 2013, 08:38 PM

I use my falling down big hills bike to do my cycle commute. Non of that flimsy carbon road bike, 15kilos of fully suspended norco mud slinger FTW! If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly! My record is 36.8mph (with a whopping big hill to help) but I'm topped out on the gearing. Significantly less on the way back up though........

PF late '97 D2 2.8 Aluminium Silver. Solar roof, Full Heated Leather, Double Glazing, 17" wheels, Sports Steering Wheel, Cruise, Blinds, Bose sound.

Fiat Tipo diseasel econobox with all the buttons and none of the soul that now does all the heavy lifting.

Ford Capri Laser: noisy, slow, thirsty, bouncy, no buttons but it always sounds like it’s REALLY trying and I can’t help but chuckle when it parps and boings along. And people of a certain age stare at it with a wistful look in their eyes that clearly says…I had one of them. And I sold it because of the kids
Old 5th September 2013, 06:54 AM

Sold the tandem yesterday and managed a nice wee profit...daughter forgiven...result

I'm not into doing massive mileages, never have been even when I was doing 250 miles a week years ago they were all relatively short runs of around 30/35 miles. I however have a 100 mile sportive coming up at the end of the month (thanks to my daughter signing up for it) so I decided that I better start putting in a few extra miles.

My highest mileage since coming back to cycling 6 months ago was 31 miles a few months ago, so on Saturday I managed to cycle 34.2 miles on this bike on a category 4 route. The route had 2,379ft of climbing and I managed to burn off 1160 calories at the same time. I certainly could not have done that 6 months ago, so well pleased.

Yesterday I planned a route on Connect Garmin (great bit of kit) and sent it to my GPS, the total was 44 miles which I was happy with as I had incorporated 6 x category 4 climbs into the route. However by the time I had been in the saddle for over 2 hours I decided to go off route and add an extra few miles to hit the half century and managed to come in at just over the 50 miles on my return home. I kept the pace slower than I would normally do, but hit the climbs hard, but have to admit that by the time I was at 36 miles I was beginning to feel weary. A 38mph downhill section gave me the much needed rest I was needing and I got my second wind... I was off again, back into the Glasgow traffic beating the cars away from the lights and thrashing them at the roundabouts.

I just need to get the other 50 miles added onto the end for my sportive

50.1mi Distance, 3,523ft Elevation, 1,653 Calories Burned

Old 5th September 2013, 09:16 AM

Looks like a nice run... I use Strava for logging my runs, lets you compare yourself to others and your historical performance along sections.

I know.. I know..

Old 5th September 2013, 09:28 AM

I also use Strava, but Garmin for me has the edge on data

This was the Strava elevation

This was my route yesterday with 7 category 4 climbs.

I should have popped in to your house for a cuppa Richard, that would have saved me having to go back into Shawlands to finish off the mileage

Old 5th September 2013, 10:00 AM

You should have... and you could have picked up a pair of 40mph downhills on the way

I know.. I know..