A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 5th January 2020, 11:27 AM

Default For Sale Audi A8 D2 4.2 quattro (PRICE DROP!!! £2100)

Thanks for taking the time to read and view my ad for this beautifully presented Audi A8 4.2 Quattro D2. Its a 1998 pre facelift model (Private plate will stay on the car)
The car is located in Stockton-on-tees.

the car looks excellent and has very few defects for the age of the car, it has covered only 106k miles since new which fr one of these cars if looked after like this one is nothing.
i have spent a lot of money on this car in last few months just to keep it to a good standard the work includes the following
New pads and discs all round (very expensive for this car)
New bottom control arms on the front passenger and drivers side ( 4 bottom arms in total)
New drop links
New wheel bearing
Full service including all filters
Full gearbox inspection and service done by C&S gearboxes.
All 3 differentials have had an oil change.
Front differential oil seal as was slightly weeping (no oils leaks at all now)
Wiper mechanism was removed stripped and repaired
As you can see this car had no expense spared to keep it to the standard it deserves to be at,
i am currently using the car daily so mileage will increase.

I have just done a 600 mile road trip around Scotland for new year and the car never missed a beat.
was very comfortable and a joy to drive, and was averaging a respectable 30mpg which for a 4.2 v8 is not bad at all.

The car sounds truly amazing as you can imagine a proper v8 with no fancy trick exhaust.

i have the original book pack and various receipts for work been done to the car.

I will be sad to see this go but i need a bigger family car due to my family increasing in size.

Full spec of the car is
18" sport alloys (including spare wheel)
Full black electric memory seats
Metallic silver paint
Electric sunshine roof (fully functioning)
Dual zone climate control
Double glazed windows
GPS (has been removed but will be included in the sale of the car if you wish to reinstate)
Trip computer
5 speed tiptronic gearbox
Auto dipping passenger wing mirror
Mot for the car runs out in May, All previous advisories have been taken care off.
It currently has an aftermarket stereo fitted but the original will also be included in the sale if the new owner wants to return the car to standard.

Bad bits,
Passenger wing mirror doesn't fold.
a few minor scuffs on outside door trims.

You can arrange to view anytime and test drives will be allowed with proof of insurance or i will be doing the driving.

Thanks for looking

Price is £2250

Last edited by Ammar786; 12th January 2020 at 06:40 PM.
Old 5th January 2020, 02:25 PM

A few comments, the first being the images. Please resize them so that anyone wanting to look at them doesn't have to scroll left, right, up and down to see them. I have a HD screen and have to zoom out to 30% just to view the images without scrolling, but then I could barely read the text.

Secondly, you appear to have joined a dedicated A8 forum with the sole purpose of selling your car, and, apart from having a tough audience to appeal to (since most if not all of us own one), you state that you 'missed a lot of details'. No offence, but it's you that are trying to sell the car. You should be telling us everything about the car (both good and bad), since all we have to go on is pictures and text. You also fail to say what year it is. It shouldn't be up to us to look up the year.

I would also be inclined to remove your mobile number and ask anyone interested to contact you via PM. That way your number isn't on display for internet bots to scrape.

GLWS.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 5th January 2020, 02:32 PM

Appears to be a 1998 pre-facelift model with aftermarket stereo. Not sure what area it is in either.
But viewable pictures would be a great help, my 1920*1200 screen was nothing like big enough.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 5th January 2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 5th January 2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Appears to be a 1998 pre-facelift model with aftermarket stereo.
Yeah, I figured it was a PF based on some elements, but ended up running a check on it to find out what year it was.

It's just of those things I find annoying. Someone wants to sell an item (not necessarily a car), but everyone else has to do the donkey work to find out exactly what they are selling.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 5th January 2020, 04:45 PM

sorry guys

picture issues have been resolved.

location added

and my number has been removed.

the aftermarket stereo can be removed, i do have the original in the car which can bee installed or be given to the new owner.

thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammar786 View Post
location added
Just along the road from our sponsors.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 5th January 2020, 06:53 PM

As a rule of thumb I would avoid offering on this forum the car for sale when at the same time having it on eBay for cheaper.
2002 Audi D2 2.8 A8 QS - Audi Silver
--
Old 5th January 2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nognar View Post
As a rule of thumb I would avoid offering on this forum the car for sale when at the same time having it on eBay for cheaper.
I have ammeded the price.
I forgot to change the price for the listing.
Old 5th January 2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nognar View Post
Haha Busted...

Captive audience here with more money than sense

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro
Old 5th January 2020, 09:01 PM
Administrator

I'm not a huge fan of new users coming on here just to sell their car - but - credit where credit is due, its not a half bad advert.....

Pre facelift cars are pretty bloody rare now, especially in reasonably unmolested condition. Shame its not a sport, as it'd be quite a bit more appealing, and I can count on both nostrils how many Pre Facelift non-S8's I've ever seen with the text based Sat Nav....

Not a big fan of the aftermarket parking sensors, especially on the front (which were never available on the PF), or the stereo, but that's easily swapped back.

Cars fall into a couple of brackets usually - practical daily drivers, and collectable, desirable rarities.

This is certainly rare, but I think it'll struggle to get much traction on this forum as folks are a bit more picky over what they want.

But, nice to see. Hope it does find a nice new home somewhere....

The Daily Town Car - 2023 Tesla Model Y Performance. Black with Black. Giant ipad screen, huge sunroof, 4 wheel drive, Tow bar, lots of ooomph and made in China, so actually built properly unlike the Californian ones.

The Family Wagon - 2018 Tesla Model X. Black, 7 Seats, Towbar, Homelink, Enhanced Auto pilot with Summon and self park, Heated front seats, CCS Charger upgrade, MCU2 Upgrade, Falconwing Doors, Self opening / closing doors, Netflix, Spotify, toys, Air suspension, alcantara roof + lots of other stuff......

The 17 year old Driver Wagon 2015 Skoda Citigo Monte Carlo. Alloys, Power steering, Aircon, Leccy windows, Sat Nav, bluetooth, central locking, cup holders, 59 whole bhp. Million times better than my first car. Well jealous.....

The First 20 Audis:

2001 D2 4.2 QS Silver, 1997 D2 S8 Silver, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2002 D2 S8 Dolphin Grey,
2003 C5 RS6 Blue, 1998 D2 S8 Black, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue, 2003 D3 4.2 Ming Blue,
2005 B7 S4 Blue, 2006 D3 3.0 Tdi Black, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2003 D3 4.2 LPG Crystal Blue,
2000 D2 S8 Silver, 2007 3.0 Tdi Q7 Black, 2009 B8 S4 Black, 1998 D2 S8 Agate Grey,
2006 D3 4.2 Tdi Blue, 2006 D3 S8, 2007 Q7 3.0 Tdi, 2006 C6 S6,

The Second 20 Audis:

2011 A7 Sline, 2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2002 A2 1.4 Tdi Silver, 2006 A8 4.2 Tdi Blue,
2007 4.2 Tdi Q7, 2006 S4 Cab Silver, 2010 RS6 Saloon Black , 2007 TT Roadster,
2010 A8 D4 4.2 Silver, 2006 C6 A6 2.7 Tdi Quattro, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue (again), 2008 Q7 4.2 Black,
2009 C6 RS6 Saloon Daytona Grey, 2001 Fully Loaded A2 Tdi, 2006 Avant S6 Black, 2007 VW Caravelle Exec Black (almost an Audi)
2009 TT Roadster Daytona, 2015 Q7 4.2 tdi lava grey, 2002 GmbH D2 demonstrator, 2006 D3 A8 LWB 4.2 Tdi Black

Most Recent Audis:

2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2007 4.2 FSi Q7 ABT Blue, 2016 S5 Coupe Launch model, 2004 S4 B6 Cabriolet, 2016 Q7 Sline White, 2006 Q7 4.2 FSi Black, 2012 Q7 Sline+ 4.2Tdi White, 2008 Blue Audi S8

Everything Else

1989 Subaru Justy, 1986 Vauxhall Cartlton 2.0 GL, 1985 Vauxhall Carlton 2.2 CDi, 1987 Ford Sierra XR4x4, 1983 Vauxhall Senator, 1985 Vauxhall Senator 3.0i, 1997 Polo Saloon, 1997 Peugeot 306 1.9 TDi, Ford Sierra Sapphire 2000E, 1990 Subaru Justy, 2000 Subaru Impreza, 2000 Subaru Impreza RB5, 1993 Range Rover LSE, 2005 VW Bora, 2003 Skoda Superb, 2003 VW Passat V6 4 Motion, 1996 Peugeot 106, 2000 Range Rover 4.0, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance