A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > IT, AV and other Tech

IT, AV and other Tech All computing, home cinema and technology that isnt car related

Old 7th August 2014, 08:39 PM

Most of that amp is one hell of a big capacitor Just for those surprise bits that catch you out when your nodding off
Old 8th August 2014, 06:49 AM
Banned

Spit fire had a 49cc strimmer engine in it two stroke acctually flew very well .. sold it because I was affrade of crashing it

I forgot about my steam days too. I used to build 00 railway lay outs then I semi built a live steam 0-6-0 saddle tanker .. I bought it off a chap who never finished the kit ..I finished it off and joined the steam club .. only problem was not enough track space I needed a bigger garden it drove nice with the tender housing a water tank as well as the seat to sit on and drive it.

Spit fire was the same semi built unfinished project. 1/3rd scale took me 3 months to finish it always fancied jet engines I looked at a helicopter once that was a turbine one just expencive if they go pete tong
Old 8th August 2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barackuda View Post
Goran youd be surprised how easy it is to fly large models. Its easier then jerky small light planes. Thats why I want to build 130-160inch model. They fly better, slower, predictably....

That music box is very nice, and ingenious too....

14ft Spitfire...wow.Would like to have that.One of my favorite planes.What engine did it had? Reduction from Mick Reeves?

Danny
Agreed the big ones are less twitchy, but as Guy says its the fear of crashing them that put me off. I waited until cheap electric motors and light rc gear became available. The small foam electric jets can now be bought for around $70, and airframe replacement as low as $25. When I was a kid I had a rubber band powered balsa and tissue plane, that didn't last long

Its amazing how far technology has come, now you can buy a tiny plane weighing 38g with all the rc gear in there, motor, battery, elevator, rudder, some even have ailerons too. They fly very well for such small planes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPbIRGqiHkU

Oh! and batteries, that was the main thing! the batteries. When I was a kid everyone flew petrol engines, because NiMh batteries (dont even think about lead-acid) were too heavy and could not provide much current. Now when Lithium Polymer batteries appeared it was a game changer. Now I can draw 25A reliably from a 850mah capacity battery, its almost hard to believe. Most household appliances are limited to 13A!

Last edited by Goran; 8th August 2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 8th August 2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviesbike View Post
always fancied jet engines I looked at a helicopter once that was a turbine one just expencive if they go pete tong
sorry just one more video, if you fancy jet engine sound without the huge price tag, check out the 10 blade, 11 blade, 12 blade electric fans, they sound amazing. This is what I'm getting next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvWGDk1htjw