A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 7th June 2011, 02:23 PM

Default iPhone 4 connects erratically

I'm sure this thread will meet with groans of despair, but I can't find a proper answer anywhere else on the googleweb so I think it's time to ask the A8 experts...

it's a 2008 facelift D3 with DAB but no TV. I think sw 51.4.0. iPhone 4 is up to date firmware.

I can sync either way (searching from car or from phone) but after a few days it no longer syncs automatically and the only way to reconnect is to turn off the iPhone bluetooth then turn it back on again. The car then sees it and connects automatically and will continue to do so for a few more days.

OK so it's not the end of the world but a bit annoying
Old 7th June 2011, 04:13 PM

Apart from suggesting an upgrade to the latest car firmware, I can't think of any other reason.

I know.. I know..

Old 9th June 2011, 01:36 PM

My Iphone 4 will only connect when I ask it to. As did the Nokia E71 before it. I have tried upgrading the cars software but after numerous attempts and hours of the engine running (last one lasted 45mins) I have given up.
I find once connected it works ok although I have to re enter the pin in the phone everytime. No phone book or calls listed and the first incoming call doesn't come through the speakers so I have to change the setting on the front screen of the phone. All damn annoying but I have learned to live with it for now until someone suggests a fix....not Audi either at over £100 per hour
Old 21st October 2011, 08:42 AM

Default Solved! iOS 5.0 fixes it!

After downloading the new Operating System from Apple and instaling it on the iPhone4 I then needed to delete the pairing on the car and phone then establish a new connection and the problem is fixed!

It now connects automatically everytime without needing to turn the bluetooth off and on again.

At last...
Old 21st October 2011, 01:14 PM

Was going to post I've had no issues with my 4S, but that came with iOS5 on it in the 1st place lol
Old 26th October 2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
Was going to post I've had no issues with my 4S, but that came with iOS5 on it in the 1st place lol
I had no issues with either the 3GS or the 4s both have connected on rsn-e quite happily