A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 8th December 2011, 08:35 AM

Default MMI Update Hicough

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with an MMI update gone a little wonky (2005 car). The car was on the oldest version, so I went through the gradual upgrades, not realising I could go straight from 2120 to 5570.

Anyway, during 5150 something went a wrong and it retried to write one of the modules several times before rebooting, so it seemed that one of the modules (can't remember which one) had just been skipped. I went on then to 5570 which went fine and everything works perfectly apart from the fact that the CD/Radio plays only on the left side, although the navigation instructions come from all round. I understand from reading around that my amplifier has probably gone into component protection, but I do not know if that is because of the 5150 blip or something unrelated.

The solutions I have read on-line vary: roll-back to an earlier version, try a newer navigation DVD, etc, but I cannot find a definitive answer. Does anyone have any advice on this? I don't want to fry my modules.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th December 2011, 11:01 AM

If it's gone into CP (which is what it sounds like), you need to go to the dealer to have it removed. Fairly easy job for them. If you have VCDS then it'll tell you which module it is.

You could also re-try the updates and see if that sorts it. mine went into CP the first time I ran it through then sorted it self out on the second run.

I know.. I know..

Old 8th December 2011, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the response. The thing I'm puzzling over is how to get it to rerun the install because it automatically decides no updates are needed. Do I manually select Application in the box for the module? I understand that selecting bootloader is best avoided.
Old 8th December 2011, 02:12 PM

If it won't run any, then you need to make an appointment with your local 'friendly' audi garage.

I think you can click into the update to force it to re-do (or maybe a reboot of the MMI)

I know.. I know..