A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 2nd August 2020, 05:10 PM

Default Donor s8 D2 values please?

Hi all, hope everyone is well and staying safe.
Just hypothetically, if you were offered a 2002 s8 with unknown box issues ( presuming terminal to be safe) what sort of price would the car hold? If it was broken , where is the money in them please - pressing the specific s8 parts of alloys, mirrors, grilles?? Are there other specific s8 parts that either hold value or are worth stashing away longer term for my own car??
I appreciate we have our sponsors to protect the interests of here ( and they are minutes away from me!) But just looking for some general help and heads up. Wong be looking to sell here / compromise their business.

Thanks in advance.😎
Old 2nd August 2020, 05:30 PM

I would pay no more than £1K for an S8 which doesn't drive (half that for an A8). I paid that for my Murple because I knew it was recoverable, and also for my FEs for the red leather. In the case of Sergey's, it was priced far too high to be of interest to Prestige but was still worth saving for all the rare parts.

In any other case I'll try and arrange for Prestige to acquire it and to give me first refusal on the bits I want because then they can get some value from the rest of the car and we can keep supporting each other