A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > A6/S6/RS6 C5

A6/S6/RS6 C5 1997-2004

Old 13th April 2012, 04:53 PM

Done a run yesterday, managed 0-60 in 3.8 seconds. Looking forward to seeing what it does 1/4 at GTI International, late 11s would be cool.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 15th April 2012, 01:35 PM

That's pretty damned good Amar, approaching the realm of motorcycles there

Other vehicles
1968 Rover P5B Coupe (Modified & V-Quick, but I have to sell this now ... Boo Hoo!)
'92 Mitsubishi Pajero V6 (Petrol) Super Exceed (Gone now)
'06 Harley Davidson Night Train
Oh Yes....... The '98 PF S8!
Old 12th June 2012, 08:18 PM

Amar, why can't you be a K**B so I can hate you?

SOOOOO jealous but so happy to see someone driving their dream who isn't an arse. I have to sample this at somepoint, if only to mutter from the passenger seat that it still isn't as quick as a bike .

Bill

"Being in touch with your feminine side" - The ability to, in the 30 seconds following a major accident, obtain your wifes approval for replacing your big german car with another "because otherwise we'd be dead".

See also sulking for two years until she finally allows you to get another purely on the basis of your current one being the wrong colour.
Old 12th June 2012, 08:39 PM

Thanks, Bill! Honestly, the car is insane. It feels like you've been shot out of a massive slingshot when you step on it, it hurts passenge's stomachs. I had a motorbike step on it and I was level from 70-110 then I pulled away hard, he then pulled in behind me and flashed his lights. Not sure what bike it was though. When I drove Darren's W12, it felt very slow, which of course, it isn't! I'll take you for a spin and show you what a stabbed rat must feel like at the next meet.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
Old 20th June 2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
Yeah, I hope I can feel the change, my wallet certainly will.
Adrian, Tesco Moumentum 99 is regarded by most on SRS as the best fuel and rated much higher then V Power. Throney Motorsport done a test with that vs V Power and T99 came out much better. Also, MRC have had cars on 95 RON on their dyno then they put in T99 and they get about 20 BHP more.
I have been rocking BP 97, but manages to squeese in £97ish of T99 today, tanker was just leaving with 'Moumentum' written on the side of it as I entered the petrol station.
Hi Amar,

Nice figures and a lovely looking car. You have had it a while now, must be time for a change

Just a quick word about Momentum, it contains quite a high proportion of biofuel (ethanol) which is great for making power but can cause chaos with internal engine components, notably rubber seals.

Someone correct me if I am talking but I did a lot of research on fuel a year or so back.

A topic which creates a great deal of debate!.
Old 20th June 2012, 10:47 PM

Hi Wayne, brief post as out in the Florida Keys at the moment. But all fuel has ethanol in it now, even V Power!