A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Spotless

Spotless For all your cleaning discussions....

Old 2nd March 2009, 09:32 PM

Default Review: CG V.R.T. Dressall

Hi,

So with my newly acquired 8 in front of the house, i've been keen to test some of my new detailing products, namely Chemical Guys' VRT Dressall interior dressing. It helps restore colour and shine and leaves a protected layer.

`

I got my 8 two weekends ago and i immediately had a go with this but wanted to test it properly.

I applied the product with an applicator pad and did all of the dash but only half of the glovebox - wiping it all afterwards with a microfibre towel.

It's been almost 2 weeks and you can see the difference is still immense. It's a bit of a shame my crappy little camera makes it all look a bit grey but in the flesh, the black looks fantastic .

You can still see the difference of where the product was used and where not. It smells great, it's easy to apply, it last and I thoroughly recommend it.

-Oli

PS - now to do the other side of the glovebox

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:39 AM

good result oli,

if you touch it does it leave it on your hand or has it soaked in?

www.facebook.com/obdworks
full genuine ross-tech vcds
full genuine vag- tacho
full genuine mpps flash mapping
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoneman View Post
good result oli,

if you touch it does it leave it on your hand or has it soaked in?
It doesn't absorb it as the plastics are not porous. But on the other hand it's not the type of stuff that wipes off and leaves smears either which is great.

It's very much a sealant that is dry to the touch and adds a protective barrier to dirt and dust.

So no, it doesn't absorb but it doesn't leave it on your hand is how i would describe it.

Hope that answered it for you...

-Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group