A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Lights

D3 - Lights Headlights, xenons, foglights. Everything outside the car that glows

Old 3rd January 2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artermis View Post
Based in Grimsby, North East Lincs. Sorry to say never been to an Audi meet or to the Angel of the North - so afraid we've never met!
Just a long shot fella, I met someone with a metallic blue 4.0 TDi D3 earlier in the year at that meet and your join date is just after we'd discussed this forum as I recommended it for useful information and discussions. He also had headlight washer problems so it's one of several coincidences which made me ask.

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 4th January 2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
Just a long shot fella, I met someone with a metallic blue 4.0 TDi D3 earlier in the year at that meet and your join date is just after we'd discussed this forum as I recommended it for useful information and discussions. He also had headlight washer problems so it's one of several coincidences which made me ask.
No harm in asking mate, hopefully our paths will cross at some point and I can say hello!

One of my headlight washer pipes did pop off after I'd finished doing this actually, as I spent 10 mins adjusting the windscreen washers, only for it to empty itself all over the floor as the pipe came off.

Have to get that sorted when I change my headlamp bulbs hopefully at the weekend.

How is life with an S8 treating you? One drove down my street over the weekend whilst I was working on my wifes Peugeot. It sounded absolutely sublime but I fear if I upgraded to S8 (or S6 for that matter) it'd bankrupt me!

Factory: finger print, tv, xenons, keyless entry & go, soft close boot, 19s, and probably lots more besides

Done: fixed headlight washer leak, fit Bluetooth in place of factory phone

To do: DAB, DTV, fix soft close boot, get a spare key, investigate NSF bushes,
Old 4th January 2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrstaylor View Post
I think my next refurb on the S4 will be to rub down and spray with a clear lacquer......

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/pai...-lacquer-500ml

"All our clear lacquers contain UV inhibitors / filters" - what is the worst that could happen!?

Good spot about UV filter on that but I would be worried that generic cellulose and acrylic lacquers may contain solvents that could affect plastic. I think I heard or read somewhere that factory coatings are polyurethane based.

Quote:
There are seller-made-up kits on ebay and the protectant is a polish rather than a spray

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meguiars-H...wAAOSwGzlTu63~
I have used polish type protectants before but they doesn't seem to last, If you do it like every week than maybe they help but twice a year doesn't make any difference.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure