A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Engine Bay

D2 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 5th August 2011, 03:34 PM

Default Help - Parts missing - Cruise *pics*

Hi all,
I've taken ownership of an a8 4.2 sport. It actually belonged to someone who was registered on here once... but anyway...

I've fixed a few bits on it already but the cruise had me stumped. I noticed that this model ('96) uses a pretty old vacuum style - although I didn't know it at first! I instantly jumped to replace the cruise control stalk for a working one from A8parts - but it didn't cure it.

So... I used Vag-com and nothing reports back (good and bad I suppose) and the stalk seems fine now, no lights on the dash to indicate otherwise.

I popped the bonnet and started to have a look around - pretty quickly I noticed something not quite right...

Not sure if you can tell from that pic, so zoomed in a bit....

I'm pretty sure the cruise actuator is missing a vacuum hose! or maybe something more. The bracket thing below it is a concern as if there should be something else there too?

I read on someone elses post that the vacuum hoses run down the side of the engine bay? Are these the ones....?

Its a vacuum hose and then a T-piece. One end continues into the front wheel arch somewhere (guessing the pump or something is in that region?) and the other heads to the back of the intake - unsure if it connects to anything yet, dare not pull it! The hose is Black with a blue strip on it.

Could anyone post up similar engine bay photo's or help me at all? Happy to purchase the parts if they are needed, just dont know WHAT is needed or missing at this stage.

Any help greatfully appreciated.
Old 5th August 2011, 04:09 PM

hope this helps
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cruise.pdf (78.4 KB, 355 views)
Old 5th August 2011, 06:23 PM

Haha, thats the badger.
It sure was the hose I thought, traced it and found it was plugged into nothing! connected it up and tested, works a treat.

cheers for the diagram mate, super.