A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 12th January 2010, 02:14 PM

Default For the gentleman racers , Santa Pod 20th Feb

Shake off the winter blues with some octane fuelled excitement.

Its the first Saturday Night Special in 2010 at Santa Pod on 20th Feb. 9am-9pm RWYB plus Jet Car demo's. You can sign on for the whole day, 9am-4pm or 4pm -9pm. Plus a new thing for this year is you are allowed to take passengers on the strip.

I've already said I'll be going with my S8, meeting a friend there with his Turbo LPG Nitrous Skoda Rapid Coupe......Anyone else up for this?
Old 13th January 2010, 06:06 PM

Only up the road from me, so I will pencil it in the diary
Old 10th February 2010, 04:22 PM

A bit more info for those that are interested:-

Saturday Night Special – 20th February! - Racing In The Dark!

Taking place next Saturday (20th Feb), the track is open until late for all types of cars, bikes and race vehicles, and there is the rare chance to run flat out up the strip in complete darkness for a unique thrill and atmosphere.

It’s not just flat out racing (although there will be a lot of that going on): the Fireforce Jet Car will be there, and bar and catering facilities are available, with evening entertainment (in a warm bar) and camping laid on for weekend ticket holders – there’s a normal RWYB day on Sunday (21st).

If you haven''t already heard, passengers are now allowed down the strip! A driving licence and £10 sign-on fee are required. Full details at www.rwyb.co.uk on the homepage.

Gates open at 8am. Signing on costs £30 per driver for unlimited runs from 9am to 9pm, £25 per driver for unlimited runs from 9am to 4pm, and £10 per driver for unlimited runs from 4pm to 9pm. Driving Licence required. Entry costs £10 for a full-day ticket and £20 for a two-day ticket (£15 in advance), Free camping with two-day tickets.

All car clubs are welcome. So bring your driving licence and get your backside trackside!

For more info, including beginner’s guides and track rules and regulations, please see www.RWYB.com.