Old 7th May 2011, 10:35 PM

Default Anyone know these D2 S8's??

Hi

I've been looking at these two D2 S8's:

1. 2001 - OV51 HBF

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2435201.htm

2. 2002 - PF02 CWD

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...5-rs4/78973773

Anyone on here owned either of these or know someone who has?? Any information/advice/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

James
Old 8th May 2011, 10:48 AM

Depends where you are in the country, I guess? Since they're pretty much opposite extremes!

The top one is a Final Edition, hence the love/hate colour scheme inside (mine's the purple leather version) - I posted details before on this very car, when the car was up at £1k more. Mileage is around 100k and has FSH, so I was told. Has had cambelt recently and could benefit from a wheel refurb.

Bottom one is probably decent value for money if you don't mind travelling - spec is higher with the solar roof, heated rears but otherwise very similar. I'd want to know it'd had the belts done.
Old 8th May 2011, 12:58 PM

Hi Adrian E.

I'm located in Cental Scotland so PF02 CWD is nearer to me. However, the timing belt on that car has allegedly been done but there is no documentation to prove it. I'd have to factor this into my offer if I went to see it and liked it plus the tax is due on it next month as well.

As you've said, OV51 HBF has the crimson red interior which when I initially saw it, wasn't keen on. However, it is growing on me. Timing belt has been done and there is a receipt for £1400 to prove it. This car has had about £3k spent in the time the previous owner had it. He didn't scrimp on anything.

My heart is saying PF02 CWD over OV51 HBF because of the interior but my head is saying go for OV51 HBF as it has had the money spent on it with the receipts to prove it.

Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions..

James
Old 8th May 2011, 10:15 PM

James,

I'd say not to worry about the red interior - mine is a black exterior with red interior, and I was a little sceptical at first, but now wouldn't have anything else. I think it suits the character of the car.