A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Fuel and Exhausts

D2 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 9th June 2014, 11:31 AM

Default Vibrating sound from filler cap area

Standing next to the car while the engine was running I heard a noise suddenly appearing from the tank fill area. It lasted for some time and suddenly stopped. When it started the next time I opened the filler cap and the noise stopped. This probably has something to do with suction control of the vapor from the tank? Filler cap or some other valve clogged?

Last edited by ToreBj; 9th June 2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10th June 2014, 06:46 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

I'm guessing that there's a breather pipe somewhere that may be blocked. Someone will be along soon who knows more than me!

Just noticed the details of your two cars. We didn't get the TDi in the D2 in the UK and I've never seen a D2 W12. Have you posted photos?
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 10th June 2014, 10:33 AM

I'm reading up on the details in Elsawin, but was hoping to get some feedback based on previous experience.

Pictures - well I haven't presented the cars anywhere on this forum, but I posted some pictures related to selection of tires for my new(secondhand) RH rims:

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showpost....84&postcount=8

The W12 is black and the diesel is dark blue. Hard to see the difference sometimes. The diesel engine is the weakest(150 hp) option for D2 and the W12 is strongest(455 hp modified from 420). So I have both ends and actually enjoy both of them. The diesel is very economic and once you are on cruisecontrol you don't feel a big difference. The W12 is a totally different animal when not on CC (produced only 700 something)

btw the problem is with the W12.

Last edited by ToreBj; 10th June 2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10th June 2014, 10:46 AM

Could it be the fuel system balancing the levels across the two sides of the tank?

I know.. I know..

Old 27th June 2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHe View Post
Could it be the fuel system balancing the levels across the two sides of the tank?
Checked , and mine doesn't have it (transfer pump). Main pump and 3 smaller feeding pumps all connected to the main pump. No balancing.