A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Wheels and Tyres

D2 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 17th February 2009, 11:59 PM

Sorry Andy, didn't notice it was your first post. Welcome and make sure you get some pics up!
Just came back after a longish drive on the new tyres, deffently grip well, the car feels smoother too. But found them quite noisy on the motorway, turning the Bose up helps though...
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 18th February 2009, 06:26 AM
entwisi

Mines got Nankang NS2's on it. I had 3 sets of these on the Volvo and liked them on that. I'm still getting used to my 8 so can't comment on them too much yet but initial thoughts are similar to how I found them on the V70, quiet, good turn in, decent wet weather grip( the sun hasn't shone yet to test dry roads ) and on teh Volvo I got 25K a set of pushing on driving(and teh V70 is notoriously hard on front tyres)

At under 80 quid a corner fitted and balanced they are not bank breakers either.
Old 18th February 2009, 05:02 PM

Default goodyear eagle gsd3s

Great in the wet after 6000 miles. Bit noisy on concrete bits of the m25 need warming up on cold mornings or things go a little sideways.

Edit to add: the cold weather slidiness is beginning to grate. Definitely a summer tyre. As goodyear themselves do point out.

"Being in touch with your feminine side" - The ability to, in the 30 seconds following a major accident, obtain your wifes approval for replacing your big german car with another "because otherwise we'd be dead".

See also sulking for two years until she finally allows you to get another purely on the basis of your current one being the wrong colour.

Last edited by billblank; 20th February 2009 at 11:55 AM.