A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D4 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions including MMI 3G Plus

Old 25th July 2021, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynH View Post
Is it just me it has Google Earth vanished again?

It was working yesterday but today I just get the ‘Please wait…’ but it doesn’t load.

I’ve reset a few times but no joy.

I’ve checked the weather just so I know my SIM is working and that loads OK so no issues with connection or data it would appear.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Nope its stopped working on mine as well Glyn
2010 D4 4.2tdi. phantom Black Pearl Effect. Night vision assistance with pedestrian detection. Parking aid plus. Audi pre-sense plus. Adaptive cruise control. Audi side assist. Bluetooth privacy handset. Mobile telephone preparation - High with Audi connect. CD/DVD changer. Bose surround-sound system. Through load facility. Homelink garage door opener. Advanced Key. Deluxe 4 zone climate control with rear comfort centre armrest. Adaptive Headlight with high beam assist. Electric sun blinds for rear window and rear door windows. Heated outer rear seats. Comfort seats with memory function. Extended leather pack 1. 21 inch Rotor alloys.
Old 28th November 2021, 08:33 PM

And just a final sanity check...I'm guessing that Google Earth has gone for good now?

Unfortunately my complimentary Audi Online Services license expired earlier this year and despite my paying £44 to Audi the Online Traffic Data License it is still showing expired and the map shows 'There is currently no online traffic data available'.

Tine for money back methinks...

And some time ago when Audi deprecated the MMI Connect app and replaced it with the MyAudi app they not only removed even more functionality but now whenever I send an online UK destination from the app to the car although it is received by the car it is unable to get loaded showing an error message 'The navigation destination could not be created. Please complete it manually.'

Audi make great cars but their IT services suck.

Anybody else seeing similar problems or is everything working as it should for you?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Old 8th April 2024, 11:07 AM

Just resurrecting this old thread so apologies for that!

After all this time of not using Google Earth I thought I'd give it another go more for curiosity than anything else.

After displaying the usual Google 'Please wait...' screen it finally loaded the GE overlay!

Haven't seen that in many years and so am wondering if all that time ago it might have been caused by the depracation of 3G services and it just takes a looong time to load the data over a 2G connection?

It's not really usable as I drove over 20 miles with the 'Please wait...' screen displaying instead of any mapping data but got me thinking about whether it was possible to either fit a 4G LTE/5G modem in the car or even use my mobile phone as a hotspot and point the MMI at it to use instead of the car SIM as Audi seem unlikely to offer an update to the 5F in a 10-year old motor car despite using the 4H as a 4G testbed back in the day I believe..

Sure would be nice to look at the GE interface again instead of the Standard or Traffic mapping data.

And does anybody (if anybody still reads this forum) know what the latest & greatest Audi MMI/Mapping data might be please? I notice @JulianHicks mentioned 1001 in a separate thread just below this one but that's over 2 years ago now.

When I bought the car in 2018 it had P0770 & 8R0060884FC ECE 6.26.1 but I had this updated a few years ago now to;

Media version: HN+R_EU_AU_K0942_4
Nav database version: 8R0060884GS ECE 6.30.1

I might even get this updated at a Main Dealer but last time this was done they charged me a shedload of money and never updated anything!

I had to turn around and spend another couple of hours waiting for them to do it properly and although they gave me a genuine Audi SatNav DVD-sized case that should have contained the SD card(s) it was empty so I'm in no rush to repeat that experience!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Last edited by GlynH; 8th April 2024 at 12:20 PM.
Old 8th April 2024, 12:33 PM

Just been doing some Googling and see that for those of us who have lost Google Earth in our older Audi's there is apparently a fix that might bring the feature back although in my case it seems I haven't lost GE just that 2G is so sloooow in downloading the overlays as to make it useless.

See here;

https://www.audi-mib.bg/audi-google-earth/

Now I am not affiliated with this site nor have I tried it but am just posting for info so the usual caveat emptor/try at your own risk/no guarantees inferred or implied applies here.

-=Glyn=-
Old 8th April 2024, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Media version: HN+R_EU_AU_K0942_4
Nav database version: 8R0060884GS ECE 6.30.1
According to the official parts catalogue 8R0060884GS doesn't shown a revised version, but a manual search shows that version 8R0060884KL is available for 2023.

If you search Google for that number, you'll get several sites advertising for between £50-£60. There are three in the first six results, all with a shopping trolley as their icon. There are also a ton on eBay, from Lithuania. Rather than provide links for you, I'd suggest you try contacting them directly to confirm that it's the correct one (and to find out of they're legit). From what I've read on their pages, you need to confirm that you have the right software version, along the lines of HNav_EU_XXXXX_X_XX.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 8th April 2024, 05:23 PM

Thanks for the reply steamship,

I have been Googling all afternoon and it seems that the latest update for my car would be P1001 with 8R0060884KL maps as you state.

Searching around I'll probably purchase from Ben Weaving at thenavman.com as his feedback on TrustPilot seems really good.

I'll give eBay a miss for things like this...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

PS As usual I haven't been notified by email of any responses to my post(s) and although I have to logon (again) in the few minutes it took me to type my reply I had to logon again! Just born lucky I guess...
Old 8th April 2024, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Searching around I'll probably purchase from Ben Weaving at thenavman.com as his feedback on TrustPilot seems really good.
I did come across the thenavman.com site but didn't know it was Ben Weaving. Have seen his name mentioned (positively) on various FB groups.

Quote:
As usual I haven't been notified by email of any responses to my post(s)
I had this issue at the start of the year, and had it resolved by using an Outlook email address instead of my Gmail address. Once it was working, I tried changing back to the Gmail one again and it wouldn't work again, so I'm now using the Outlook one. I know of one other person who could only get notifications by using an Outlook address, and at the same time know others who use a Gmail address with no issues at all. I've even had emails from a government address not come through to my Gmail address but does come through to my Outlook address.

You could try setting up an Outlook address and then change your email address on here to the Outlook one, and see if it works. The only issue I've found with the Outlook one is that I set up a forwarding rule so that any emails from the forum were forwarded to my Gmail account, but Outlook has some weird issue where it keeps disabling the rules.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 9th April 2024, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply steamship,

I have been Googling all afternoon and it seems that the latest update for my car would be P1001 with 8R0060884KL maps as you state.

I'll give eBay a miss for things like this...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

PS As usual I haven't been notified by email of any responses to my post(s) and although I have to logon (again) in the few minutes it took me to type my reply I had to logon again! Just born lucky I guess...
Will continue watching this thread.

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 9th April 2024, 10:04 AM

And I actually received my first notification of your reply to this thread in the early hours of the morning steamship!

All I need to do now is figure out why I have to keep signing in all the time despite the 'Remember me' box being checked...

Well I use a paid-for main email address that I have had since my Amiga days across many Mac/PC/Mobile devices so don't want to start changing things around if I can help it.

In any case I already have a dozen or so other email addresses and I don't really want to add any more as setting up email clients is a chore as it is.

Just as soon as we can resolve an ApplePay issue I'll be making the purchase from Ben's website so will let you both know how I get on.

-=Glyn=-

PS. And I've just been prompted to sign in again despite signing in to reply to begin with...