A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > IT, AV and other Tech

IT, AV and other Tech All computing, home cinema and technology that isnt car related

Old 6th September 2019, 06:09 PM

I have been running my L3's only onthe free night tariff and as my cheap tariff comes to end the may be switched off all together and I might use S9's in low power modd to heat the house instead.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 9th September 2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
New S17e and T17e coming out on Monday, T17e of little interest but S17e looks like slightly overclocked S17 Pro model permanently in Turbo mode. If it's less than 3k USD I might consider buying one but seems unlikely considering prices of Pro models and that it will be shipping before the Pro models.
I was busy at the release time and I expected them to be quite expensive but at $2784 for S17e shipping in November I might have bought one. They are out of stock now and the ones shipping in December are $3293

8 history:
Old 24th November 2019, 10:36 AM

Default Is it the right time to min ripple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
As everyones seems to be interested in trading bitcoin and mining it. I think it will be a good step to move to other popular currencies like Ripple, NEO, Litecoin, Ethereum, etc.
Old 24th November 2019, 10:40 AM

Don't think Ripple and Neo can be mined.

But yes I am mining Eth and Litecoin or to be more precise I am mining Eth and was mining LTC in the past, now it's too expensive to mine LTC even when using heat to warm the house. If you want LTC it's cheaper just to buy it.

8 history:
Old 14th March 2020, 03:13 PM

Default stock market crash

As you know, I never had any crypto currencies. I invested in gold and silver bullion instead.

With the stock crash going on now, it is interesting to watch the crypto and bullion response.
There is a shop in Oslo which trade in bullion. But it closed yesterday. For how long, I do not know. And I have seen that the shop removes coins for sale when the prices drop - and offer a wide selection of coins when the prices are high.

I find it confusing that the crypto currencies drop along with the stock markets. They were supposed to vault higher in this environment, or did I miss something?

Johannes
_________
Audi S8 -99, Pearlescent, Alcantara/silk napa leather, Burr walnut insert, Alcantara roof lining upper pack
A8 32V engine
-----
Jeep Grand Cherokee -98
Old 14th March 2020, 05:37 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
They were supposed to vault higher in this environment, or did I miss something?
It is strange. It think it's triggered by a knee-jerk reaction of larger ('whale') traders which in turn causes general panic selling.

There's still a great deal of ignorance around cryptocurrencies too. Most people don't understand what they are, nor do they realise that they're decentralised and operate entirely independently of any government control. Stability will only come with mass-adoption and the acceptance that cryptocurrencies are unstoppable.

Still, price crashes like these are good for Bitcoin in the long term. Whenever this happens it brings new investors who were waiting for an opportunity to buy at the 'bottom'.
------------------------------------------------------

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 14th March 2020 at 05:42 PM.
Old 20th March 2020, 08:17 PM

It was very much unexpected (for me at least) and against the logic (my logic anyway) but Andreas Antolopoulos pretty much predicted it. Everybody was selling shares in panic as well and mostly getting back to USD, British pound fell as well.

I missed the short window when BTC was under $4k but I bought some more around $5k mark and it has gone up since. I think it will go higher, a lot higher. With all the government actions throwing money around I think high inflation is inevitable.

I mean this is unprecedented situation in recent history and I do not blame governments for borrowing more and printing more money to throw at the problem, but we have to realise that all of us will have to pay for it eventually. Like it has been said elsewhere if your house is on fire you use water to put it out and worry about water damage later. There is no doubt economy will suffer, BTC may be sound investment but it's still risky.

8 history:
Old 18th December 2020, 06:43 PM

Must be great for all of you that bitcoin and other crypto currencies are making new record highs

I just want to add that prices will probably become a lot more volatile because of the hedge funds that entered the market. Hedge funds never hold investment positions for very long. So this is probably a new market dynamic.
Like Gregory Mannarino says, "It's never wrong to take profit" Even if he says it will go multiples higher. Nothing goes up in a straight line.

Johannes
_________
Audi S8 -99, Pearlescent, Alcantara/silk napa leather, Burr walnut insert, Alcantara roof lining upper pack
A8 32V engine
-----
Jeep Grand Cherokee -98
Old 18th December 2020, 09:10 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
Nothing goes up in a straight line.
Indeed. There will be 'corrections'; there always is, but that only really matters if you're 'shorting'. If you're 'long' Bitcoin, just "hodl" on and enjoy the ride. I've been a long investor since the days when a whole Bitcoin cost just a few hundred Dollars.

I'm hopeful of a big price correction, because I want to buy more, but unfortunately I suspect we might revisit $17K at best. A lot has changed since the near-$20K rally 3 years ago. Back then the bull-run was driven almost entirely by speculation and FOMO -- it simply wasn't sustainable. This time around there are a lot of factors driving the price and a lot more investors, not just hedge fund investors but banks and other institutional investors, along with millions more private investors.

The price has been due an upward breakout for some time, with milestone prices being the main psychological barrier holding it back. Given Bitcoin's scarcity, the cost to mine and the increase in demand, I think $20K is cheap. And when you factor in the pandemic, the state of the world economy and the huge amounts of money the banks have been printing lately, I think we can expect a 10 or 20-fold increase in BTC's price in the not-too-distant future.

With negative interest rates looming and the inevitable crash of fiat currencies brought on by hyperinflation, this is only the beginning. I mean, sure there's gold (and other shiny metals), but you can't (easily) carry gold around with you, or use it to make payments globally and instantly. The internet needs Bitcoin and the internet always wins. It has disrupted, devoured and, in some cases, devastated, every industry it has touched (music, movies, telecoms, retail, etc). Now it's coming after the banks, with a product they simply can't compete with.

Edited to add:
Guggenheim Partners CIO Says Bitcoin May Go To $400,000
https://www.investopedia.com/guggenh...400000-5092899

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 19th December 2020 at 04:35 PM.
Old 19th December 2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
I mean, sure there's gold (and other shiny metals), but you can't (easily) carry gold around with you, or use it to make payments globally and instantly.
You are spot on with this. Because there is a very high risk of the gold being confiscated at the border when one is travelling. As with "large" amounts of cash.

(pun intended)

Johannes
_________
A8 32V engine
-----
Jeep Grand Cherokee -98