A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Lights

D3 - Lights Headlights, xenons, foglights. Everything outside the car that glows

Old 10th March 2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8L Chick View Post
No one is going to want to have a look at my fuses at the end of the day are they
That is just begging for a smart reply........
Old 10th March 2011, 11:21 AM

Thanks, I guess it wouldnt show, i may give it a go, still have to find a route through from the fusebox to the front, maybe the passenger side would be easier, at least less chance of breaking something important, and theres a fuse box there too.

what is this meter you installed, like a taxi meter?
just want to make sure theres not a gadget that i dont know about
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 10th March 2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloss View Post
That is just begging for a smart reply........

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoncello View Post
Thanks, I guess it wouldnt show, i may give it a go, still have to find a route through from the fusebox to the front, maybe the passenger side would be easier, at least less chance of breaking something important, and theres a fuse box there too.

what is this meter you installed, like a taxi meter?
just want to make sure theres not a gadget that i dont know about
Your not missing anything hun-it's a fare meter

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.
Old 10th March 2011, 03:41 PM

your right i dont need one of those, im guessing its set at a higher rate than normal taxi's.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 10th March 2011, 04:15 PM
UberSeniorChiefLibrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8L Chick View Post
I used an existing fuse. I did take it from the front-but when the cover is back on you can't see anything at all. Also great for access to check the fuse I added and remove as/when I renew for a D4.

No one is going to want to have a look at my fuses at the end of the day are they
Resist................... reeeeeesssssisttttttttt.....................

Watch it if you dare

Currently,
2000 S8, Merlin Purple, Leather Pack 1, Winter Pack 1, SPAX adjustable suspension, AP Racing 6 pot front caliper, 385mm fully floating disks, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Black Diamond grooved rear disks and predetor pads, D2 Doctors Brake Block.
1997 4.2 A8SQ - the Projekt. 12 years and ongoing!
1997 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. Restoration sat waiting; saved from the Scrapyard
2003 C5 Allroad 4.2Q - Cobolt Blue. Towing car. Laid up awaiting manual conversion.
2005 C5 Allroad 2.5TDi FE - Grey - Workhorse.
2015 Q3QS SLine - Daytona Grey. Lots of extras! Long Haired Admirals cutter.

Previously
2003 C5 A6 1.9TDI FWD - Loaner from D2 Doctor Lifex
1997 S8 - Ming Blue. Loaned out and written off. I loved that car. My first engine swap after cambelt failure.
1996 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. 178k on a cambelt! Trader's 8. Delivered to A8Parts at Lifex.
2003 2.8 A8SQ - powder blueish. Fill in for a while. Sold on.
1998 1.8T A4 Avant FWD. Ming Blue (there's a theme here), PEX for the 97 S8.
And a list of non VAG going back 40 years before I saw the light.
Old 11th March 2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian View Post
Resist................... reeeeeesssssisttttttttt.....................
I do it every god damn time!!!!!

I love this smiley Can't help but but giggle every time I see it

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.
Old 6th September 2012, 02:17 PM

Ok I've been investigating the best way to get some LED DRL's working without errors on a D3. I've ordered a voltage detection switch. Basically it provides 12v when 13.5v is detected (alternator kicking in) and turns off the 12v supply when the voltage drops below 13.5v.

This is the switch:
http://www.powerlinkproducts.co.uk/s...dlivefeed.html

I've ordered a couple of these to experiment with:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-12V-Day...#ht_719wt_1139

The plan is to take the main power supply directly from the fuse box. I'm gonna go and check out a couple of D3's next week. Hopefully I'll be happy with one and then my 406 won't be driven as much

Peugeot 406 2.0 HDi Executive
Old 7th September 2012, 03:10 PM

surely the car only monitors the leds and lights it knows about , if you add a new line in with lights at the end direct from the fuse box, there wont be any error anyway?

Old 9th September 2012, 07:06 AM

I have also just bought one of these switches for the inverter in my boot. I use it to run my PS3 and i have to open the boot everytime i stop just to turn it off. It should work just right for me as it will turn itself on when i am driving and turn off when i stop