A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th May 2020, 08:00 AM

Default Front Shock Absorbers FL D2 S8

Some advice please.
I am presently addressing some age old issues on my 2002 S8 and have gathered together some new components to fix MOT advisories (manifesting as a couple of front end creaks/groans). Following various extremely helpful posts on here I have successfully navigated the 20" wheel control arm part number maze but now have another issue.
When I purchased the car some 5 years ago it came with a new spare pair of Audi OEM front shock absorbers (Pt no 4D0413031AQ), which I thought might now be worth fitting if I was accessing the front suspension. However after looking at a few part no listings, i think I now know why they may not have been fitted previously. They appear not to be applicable to the 2002 model year!
So hence my question, is there any minor combination of other parts which would allow these SA's to be fitted to my car, eg different combination of spring or spring platforms or is the problem more fundamental?
Many thanks,
G
1988 UR quattro
2003 A2 FSi Sport
2020 Seat Leon Cupra R ST Abt
1989 911 Carrera Cab
Couple of Mk1 Golf Gti's (in bits)