A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 7th September 2015, 06:34 PM

Default Our A8 project

Hi guys.

Firstly, this is my dads car. I had mentioned to him previously I was after an A8 after trying out a 535D and deciding I didn't particularly like it. He was looking to get rid of his Monaro for something a bit more sensible (and did more than 13mpg round town). Well he went and viewed one himself and came home with it a few days later. I wasn't impressed that he'd beat me to it!

It's a 3.0TDI, with 48k on the clock and 2 owners from new. SE spec I think. I'm not exactly familiar with the options list but it does have a solar sunroof. That's about all I can tell you!

So far thanks to a few guys in the sat-nav and ICE section we've managed to find the issue with the MMI screen and a few other bits and pieces. It's getting the battery etc coded in on Thursday.

We did a bit of a trip in it this weekend to Santa Pod to see the drag racing finals, no issues all the way over the 400 miles there and back. Really is amazing the way it just wafts along.

It needs a few bits doing, like at some point in the past it's been parked by touch and repaired by someone who shouldn't work in a bodyshop so the front bumper needs painting and the rear drivers quarter has been done badly too. No obvious damage though. Aside from that it could do with a bloody good machine polish because it's got more swirls in it than a raspberry ripple ice cream. Could do with 2 new bits of trim inside too, the one under the drivers air vent is stained with something and the business card holder has a few scratches on the front of it so it looks a bit odd.

All good apart from that though. Going to run it for a couple more weeks then remap it. Should be able to pull another 50bhp from it with no trouble then do another long run in it to see what it's done to the fuel consumption.

Here it is after throwing a bucket of water over it today.

I'll be asking you all many more stupid questions over the next few weeks!

Cheers guys

Mark
Old 7th September 2015, 07:39 PM

Welcome aboard.
You have already realised how helpful the people are in this forum.
Enjoy the 8

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 7th September 2015, 07:44 PM

Welcome to the forum Mark, that's a nice looking 8 there.

Don't worry about stupid questions, I've probably asked most of them already

It speaks volumes about me that when I looked at your photo I didn't look at the car first, I looked at how close your near side rear quarter is to that wall!?!?

There are many knowledgeable people on here that will offer advice, you've picked the best forum to join and an 8 owner to be

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 8th September 2015, 09:45 PM

Thanks for the welcomes guys