A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 2nd April 2014, 11:28 AM

Default Central Locking Went mental

Went out to the car to, unlocked with my hand under the passenger door handle, opened the door and sat in.
Got in did what I had to do and left.

With the key still in my pocket I pressed the button on the door handle to lock the car and it started locking, unlocking, it did this for about 10 seconds.
It stopped, I opened the door, shut it again and it went mental again.
I took the key out and pressed the lock button, nothing happened, still going mental.
Pressed the unlock button and same thing.

I walked around to the drivers side and it stopped. I tried locking it with the key and nothing happened.
It would not lock or unlock and the LEDs was not on. The doors was opened, so I get in, started the car, waiting a bit and got out. Locked it with the key and left.

All very odd.

I have a fault code for the passenger door handle switch not working, so I wonder if its the switch breaking down even more or it might be the wet squelching noise it made when I pressed the button.

If the weather is dry I'll do a VCDS scan.

Anyone else experienced this?
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 2nd April 2014, 11:40 AM

It actually happened to me couple of days ago but only for 4-5sec and only once. Button (remote) wasn't working at that time. Since then locks unlocks via remote and handle with no problems.
Previously, had a fault on the passenger side
1 Fault Found:
00191 - Passenger's Door Handle Touch Sensor (G416)
007 - Short to Ground - Intermittent
Don't know if still present but managed to clear it out couple of months ago and it was gone, but it came back after some time.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 2nd April 2014, 11:50 AM

Same code and everything as me.

I'll keep an eye on it.

It might be worth replacing that door handle soon than later I guess.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 2nd April 2014, 11:57 AM

It may just need new seal or resealing, possibly water is getting somewhere??

Was it raining on the day or day before it happened??

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 2nd April 2014, 12:02 PM

Its been raining all day.

New seal?
Door and handle strip down again?
Old 2nd April 2014, 12:17 PM

Looks like there is not one.

http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-a...ndle-exterior/

So a complete door handle needed.
Old 2nd April 2014, 12:18 PM

Door and handle strip down.. My rear driver one squelches, but just haven't got round to swapping it as it still works OK.

I know.. I know..

Old 2nd April 2014, 12:32 PM

I'm trying to think what else I can do or got to do when the door is apart and fitting a door handle.

Do you need to remove the window frame when removing the handle?