A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior

D2 - Interior Seats, dashboards, plastics, ventilation everything inside the cabin

Old 22nd May 2012, 08:45 PM

Default Electric rear sun-curtain problem

Hi Guys, just figured out that this actually works(just assumed it didn't) it works perfectly going up, but when put down again... The motor powering it keeps running(like its not aware that it should stop) only way to stop it is to kill the ignition... Once the car is turned back on everything is fine, so killing the ignition sort of resets the motor.

Any fix for this? Mostly I'm just a sucker for details and hates to have neat gadgets that does not work fully. My rear window is tinted black... So the curtain itself does not really block more sun out(as like 98% is blocked already by the black tint)

Could just be nice if it worked as intended.

Cheers

/Jake

Audi A8 4.2 quattro D2 94' - THE CARRIAGE
Audi A4 1.6 B5 95' - THE LADY IN RED
Opel Kadett 1,2 C 77' - THE CASKET
Old 30th May 2012, 01:42 PM

is it making a ticking noise? if it is then the gear on the motor has stripped.this was something i still needed to find a fix for on my stolen car.it is listed on elsa win on how to replace the motor so i assume you can just buy a new motor and gearbox for it.but i never got around to finding out.
Old 31st May 2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
is it making a ticking noise? if it is then the gear on the motor has stripped.this was something i still needed to find a fix for on my stolen car.it is listed on elsa win on how to replace the motor so i assume you can just buy a new motor and gearbox for it.but i never got around to finding out.
it is ticking... but the curtain goes up perfectly, and goes down perfectly... but when it reaches the fully-down position... the motor keeps running(this is where the motor makes the ticking sound), basically as if its not aware that the curtain is down.

Audi A8 4.2 quattro D2 94' - THE CARRIAGE
Audi A4 1.6 B5 95' - THE LADY IN RED
Opel Kadett 1,2 C 77' - THE CASKET
Old 27th July 2012, 09:31 AM

then its the gear inside the motor housing that has stripped teeth at the point where it would be when closed. mine had done the same thing.i did notice that audi sells the motor so you might be able to get the whole housing and gear aswel.