A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Everything Else

D4 - Everything Else Holding forum for all D4 banter until membership grows and we'll expand out

Old 14th December 2016, 10:31 PM

Question Remapping question advice needed please !!!

Hi all I'm a new owner of a very nice fully loaded 2011 A8 4.2tdi V8 model
Question I'm asking is it worth remapping my motor was quoting to use a very reliable company Quantum which has very good reviews on there remapping of vehicles.

At present to my knowledge my car has 351 BHP & 800Nm of torque !!!
After remapped by Quantum there values are 400 BHP & 930Nm of torque !!!

What should I do I have a very nice motor with only 32000 miles on it & runs as new like a dream should I be happy with what I got or should I get it remapped also if so I still want good reliability & not to much on engine & gearbox what's your thought should I or just stay clear & leave standard ???

I have got my BMW 530d remapped & my Renault traffic van done too both have been great & faultless after being mapped

What should I do with my A8 ????

Regards lui

Last edited by Lui; 14th December 2016 at 10:39 PM.
Old 16th December 2016, 05:50 PM

Default Remap,

I had my 2011 D4 V8 remapped Well worth it, Do it, Had my V8 for 2 1/2 years great car, got a itch for a new S5 , Did not like that so got a range rover , did not like that So Im home again in a 2015 A8 remapping soon,
Old 16th December 2016, 08:58 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanyork View Post
I had my 2011 D4 V8 remapped Well worth it, Do it, Had my V8 for 2 1/2 years great car, got a itch for a new S5 , Did not like that so got a range rover , did not like that So Im home again in a 2015 A8 remapping soon,
Thanks for that info after doing some research on the web quantum seem great for doing this & hear nothing but good reports & thanks for the reply
Old 19th December 2016, 08:10 PM

Hi,

I had my D3 remapped with Viezu. Worked well, increased power and mpg, however also increased insurance. Worth checking how much before you do it.

Cheers
Mark
Old 19th December 2016, 08:24 PM

Default Insurance, a "Contract of Utmost Good Faith"

Hi,

Good point, any change to vehicle should be notified even if not specifically requested by the insurer.

If you are going to be clever make sure your really ARE clever enough...

Robert
Old 18th June 2021, 04:04 PM

Hi Folks hope all are well. I haven't been using the 8 much for the last 16 months but attention is turning back to it now. Need to get my alloys refurbished and am considering a remap.

Wondering if anyone has any advice or experience on mapping, maybe good providers/ results. My car is a 2010 4.2tdi 115k miles and I'm in Surrey. I'm trying to resist the itch to replace the car and a remap to pep up the performance might do the trick I'm thinking.

TIA
2010 D4 4.2tdi. phantom Black Pearl Effect. Night vision assistance with pedestrian detection. Parking aid plus. Audi pre-sense plus. Adaptive cruise control. Audi side assist. Bluetooth privacy handset. Mobile telephone preparation - High with Audi connect. CD/DVD changer. Bose surround-sound system. Through load facility. Homelink garage door opener. Advanced Key. Deluxe 4 zone climate control with rear comfort centre armrest. Adaptive Headlight with high beam assist. Electric sun blinds for rear window and rear door windows. Heated outer rear seats. Comfort seats with memory function. Extended leather pack 1. 21 inch Rotor alloys.
Old 28th November 2021, 09:47 PM

Well I'm only 5 months late replying to this one which if you have seen any of my other posts is a speedy reply!

I had both of my diesels done and the post shown in the link below is the one that pertains to your pre-facelift;

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showpost....56&postcount=5

I have also had the facelift mapped with even much better results.

I've heard it said if it has 4 rings and a turbo the only place to go is MRC in Banbury!

Hope that helps?

Regards,
-=Glyn=-