A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 7th February 2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
I listen to a lot of Techno 'wobwobwob' and I've not noticed a lack of bass. Turn it up and things get properly physical. Wobwobwob

I don't find it great with classical symphony, string stuff. It's better with Opera with all the high drama moments. But, for me, it excels playing high energy electronic wierdness.

I really rate the 8's B&O, but don't assume you'l get the same level of B&O quality in the rest of the Audi range
Let's just say I expected a lot more adjustability and/or sub power in a car with separate sub from factory with the whole ordeal costing what...6/8000 euros? Hope the power is there so my line level amplifier will really pull out what grunt it really has.
Old 7th February 2017, 09:20 PM

The a6/7/8 have a similar b&O.. The q7 has something different, and the a5 down have something much cheaper.

I know.. I know..

Old 7th February 2017, 09:38 PM

for me the S8 rules in dynamic range and clarity coupled to the lack of intrusive outside noise because of how well insulated the car is. Its a win-win combination.

I was listening to Carpenter Brut yesterday and there is some serious bass in that, the B&O was clear as could be with some nice punch to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er41...=CarpenterBrut
Old 8th February 2017, 09:24 AM

This thread just fills me with B&O envy. You lucky bast**ds.

Regarding the lack of adjustability, I don't think it's an accident. Correct me if I'm wrong, but higher end stuff tries to reproduce as best as it can, the original recording. My Naim Mu-so I think has loudness on/off. The rest they have sorted for the listener.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 8th February 2017, 04:22 PM

The sound image on the B&O is exceptional. I keep the surround effect turned right down (call me old school) and the image is bang in the centre of the dash with a great stereo effect.

My only disappointment with the B&O is that the mids are just too damn loud for my taste. It's a very bright setup. I've turned the sound normalisation up to 3/4 and it improved it a lot, but I'd still love the opportunity to tweak it a little more.

I'd also like a teensy-bit more low end when I'm on the motorway. It sounds great when it's still playing loud and I come to a motorway exit and it feels like someone's just turned the sub up! Don't get me wrong, you can still hear it fine but it sounds much richer when you're at normal speeds.

2008 Audi S8