A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd February 2020, 09:44 AM

Default Woo hoo! Back in a D2!

Okay after much missing of my temporarily sleeping D2 S8, I've managed to get myself back into the D2 groove and picked this up from MJ's on Thursday.

This was Mike's car (Conan) and was previously owned by Dean (Spanker) when he didn't need red cars!

I have to say Mike and MJ have been yet again amazing and full of awesome sauce and Mike let me have it for a very reasonable price, on the basis he gets it back when I'm done. MJ fettled it nicely back into consciousness and she absolutely loved the drive back from Devon to Southampton and didn't miss a beat.

Okay, so it's a V6 and the interior is Twist, which must be german for death by beige but spanking it in S rather than D is rather more pleasing than I would have imagined.

Yet again thank you to Mike and MJ, who as always have been amazing This forum is just brilliant and it was wonderful to finally go to the centre of the D2 universe that is MJ's hallowed D2 temple and talk car stuff.

Driving it back it reminds you how wonderful these cars are. D2's are just cool and that's all there is to it! Even beigey V6 ones!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200131_102739_4.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	994.2 KB
ID:	22833  

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.