A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Everything else

D2 - Everything else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st August 2009, 10:19 AM

Default Arghhh- Dealers

Hi there,

Alas my trusty beast has let me down...I run on LPG and due to a couple of niggling power faults draining the battery, the petrol guage has been wonky. (1/4 tank to 0 after loss of power etc).

Anyway Wednesday night went out, ran fine. Got some more LPG on the way home. Started ok. Got home. Went to bed. Thursday morning and it was troublesome to start and when it did ran very lumpy. 6-700rpm max and stopped. Tried a few times to start but no joy. Presumed lack of petrol. Walked to garage got a 5l can and filled it up. Back home and started lumpy and cut out. Left it a while. tried and it just turned over and wouldn't start at all. slight ticking noise.

Today bit the bullet and rang audi. Told they can't recover. Would help if i got it there 30mins at £35+vat, hour at 70+vat. Gave me a number of recover place.

£45 later and my car is at Audi Huntingdon. All of a mile and a half away but the recovery people were in cambs, so not a bad deal. Was quoted £60+vat from another closer company !

At Audi, quoted 2hrs at £85+vat each and that it'll be late on in the day so it may not be running at all today. take it or leave it....What a swizz.

Still with a non running car your stuck....wished i'd have gotten the name of the guy on the phone as the guy in the office claimed he couldn't find who i'd spoken too and he was giving me a good rate as on an S8 its normaly 105+vat an hour.

Feel somewhat irritated and anoyed, but also stuck.

cya,
Lee