A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Common Faults

D3 - Common Faults Quick links to all known common faults and their solutions

Old 10th March 2012, 06:36 AM
Banned

Default W12 engine manual For sticky please

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_268.pdf

also can any one confirm that my fans are hydrolic because they look to be electric to me but according to the document attached its a tandem pump that runs the powersteering and the Hydrolic fans ??
Old 10th March 2012, 06:39 AM
Banned

looks like a D2 W12 engine to me having another look
Old 10th March 2012, 08:23 AM
Director at A8 Parts

Yes that is the D2 W12 - D3 W12 fans are electric same as the rest of the D3's and the other main difference compared to the D2 is that it doesnt have a seperate oil tank - the D3 W12 has a conventional sump. I have the D3 W12 version of that same manual which I bought from Bentley in the States a while back - I will have a go at scanning it in but I dont know how it will turn out...

2001 TT 8N 1.8T Quattro with a loud exhaust!
2000 A8 D2 3.7Q Non Sport Ming Blue
1999 A8 D2 4.2Q Non Sport Santorin Blue
2002 A6 C5 Allroad 2.5 TDi Silver with Black Leather
2001 A2 1.4 TDi
2006 A6 C6 2.4 Quattro Avant Canyon Red

At Work to Drive:

1997 S8 Pearl White Solar Roof, Electric Heated Rear Seats, Blinds, Bose, Cruise, Headlamp Wash, Ski Hatch
1998 Audi Cabriolet 2.6, Air Con, Electric Roof, Leather, Hard Top, Headlight Wash
2008 Fiesta Sportvan x2
2002 Transit 2.4 LWB
2007 VW Crafter Recovery Truck
2013 VW Caddy Highline, DAB, Heated Seats, Touch Screen Stereo, Headlamp Wash and Webasto with Telestart
2010 RS6 Daytona Grey, Twin Pane, Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise, Soft Close and some extra horses.

At Work to Hire:

4x 6 Berth Sunlight Motorhomes
Old 11th March 2012, 06:59 AM
Banned

fantastic mate thats great, i have a power steering fluid leak and me and bry managed to track it down to a suspected pair of copper crush washers on a banjo fitment so that will need doing, need to get hold of martin at unit 20 and see what the damage will be
Old 11th March 2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviesbike View Post
fantastic mate thats great, i have a power steering fluid leak and me and bry managed to track it down to a suspected pair of copper crush washers on a banjo fitment so that will need doing, need to get hold of martin at unit 20 and see what the damage will be
Don't forget the drive shaft oil seal too

I know the engineers must have had fun trying to package all the ancillaries under the bonnet of the W12 but what a stupid place to put the PAS reservoir.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall with the trader tomorrow - remember if he gets shirty start quoting SOGA and refer him to the OFT guidance for second hand car dealers ..

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/rep...OFT1152con.pdf

.. (this is reading gold everybody ) and you have a friend who has just gone through court with a trader (me ) and won so have advice on tap
Factory: Adaptive lights with coming home function, 19" wheels, Solar Sunroof, Bose, Nav, TV, Paddle shift sports wheel, sports suspension, sports seats, rear seats with electric lumbar adjustment, heated seats and climate all round, ski hatch, int light pack, auto dip/fold mirrors, voice command, cordless phone, wooden gear knob, towbar, power boot lid

After: LPG, AMI with HDD

Pending: DVB-T Tuner & fixing niggles