A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 16th May 2019, 04:09 PM

Default 2019 Annual meet - convoy from MJ's

Hi all,

I'll be opening up the workshop at 09:00 for coffee and banter, and I have washing facilities if needed. We will then set off at 12:30 and head West on the A3072 towards Bude, stopping at the Rydon Inn in Holsworthy for lunch. From the Rydon, we carry on towards Bude and then turn South West on the A39 and head for Falmouth. We should arrive at the hotel around 5pm.

I could do with an idea of numbers for lunch please, and also so I can make sure I have enough biscuits

MJ - 1
Neil - 1
Mike & Angela - 2
Ray & Jordan - 2
Sean - 1
Andrew & Beverley - 2
David & Norma - 2
Bert & Charlie - 2
Brian & Mrs G - 2

Anyone else?
Old 26th May 2019, 12:23 PM

MJ - 1
Neil - 1
Mike & Angela - 2
Ray & Jordan - 2
Sean - 1
Andrew & Beverley - 2
David & Norma - 2
Bert & Charlie - 2
Brian & Mrs G - 2
Stephen & Amanda - 2. We'll bring some Tunnocks too

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 4th June 2019, 08:17 PM

I’ll be leaving Dorset at 1pm so might aim to meet you as you finish lunch. What time do you expect to roll out towards Bude?
B6 S4 Avant
8N TT Roadster
Old 4th June 2019, 08:32 PM

We'll probably leave the Rydon around 14:30 I think.
Old 4th June 2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
We'll probably leave the Rydon around 14:30 I think.
OK, it’s 2hrs from me so may leave at 12 instead and then get a 30 min break before we head off again
B6 S4 Avant
8N TT Roadster
Old 5th June 2019, 10:49 PM

Hi all,

For those who haven't been before, the workshop is at Copplestone Mills Business Park, EX17 5NF. I'll put General Vod out the front so you can see him from the main road.

If you come off the M5 at J27 and head through Tiverton you'll come down the A3072 towards Crediton. Just as you come in to Crediton your satnav will try and turn right off the main road. Ignore it! I will put a sign at the junction like this:

Go straight on in to Crediton, straight over a mini-roundabout, and then continue to follow the satnav

If you want fuel, turn left at the mini roundabout - there is a Tesco supermarket with Momentum just over the hill and a Shell garage to the right of it with V-power. After fuel, continue with the satnav.

Green is the likely satnav route. Purple is fuel. Satnav may also take the A377 Union Road.

The same applies for those going direct to the New Inn as the turn for that is on the route to the workshop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d2doctor_sign.JPG (49.0 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg mj-map.jpg (95.5 KB, 96 views)
Old 5th June 2019, 11:01 PM

Suppose we could catch the train from Crediton to Copplestone.

Could be cheaper than Shell.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 12th June 2019, 05:05 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to Michaela for allowing up to visit her workshop where all the magic happens. It was also fascinating listening to her explain the issues with the chain tensioners that was both informative and understandable (from a non-mechanic point of view).

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 20th June 2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
It was also fascinating listening to her explain the issues with the chain tensioners that was both informative and understandable
Would love to have heard this!

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)