A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Wheels and Tyres

D4 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 23rd October 2018, 06:37 PM

When I had my D4’s, I ran with 4 different tyres. Pirelli, Michelin, Goodyear and Goodyear SCT.

Pirelli were the most fuel efficient, Michelin were noisy, but long lasting, Goodyear were quiet, but not that long lived and Goodyear SCT even quieter, but again not long lived.

D4’s do suffer from a little more tyre noise, so for me it would be Goodyear SCT all day long, as the slight reduction in noise was worth it.
2015 A8 D4 FL 3.0tdi SE Exec LWB with some options
2012 A8 D4 3.0tdi SE Exec LWB with some options
2009 A8 D3 3.0tdi SE not many options but Viezu mapped to 292bhp
2005 XJ 4.2 V8 Petrol Sovereign LWB with lots of options
2000 XJ 4.0 V8 Petrol Sovereign LWB not many options
+ lots of Fords and Volvo
Old 24th October 2018, 06:04 PM

I'm on 19's but would also dismiss the Goodyear Eagle F1 as they didn't last well.
I switched to a set of Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 2 last time and I am very happy with them. A lot cheaper than the Goodyear and have done way more miles.
No issue with noise and plenty of grip.
Old 7th November 2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8 Ian View Post
Best tyres hands down for low road noise and great wet grip are landsail LS588

My friend first recommended this brand when I was not only complaining of noise but also aqua planning with my pirelli, and continentals. ..

I thought there is no way I'm using them on an A8 (dirty budget ) I was thinking .... then I drove his A8 and it's safe to say before I'd drank my cup of tea I ordered a full set of them.
Absolutely blown away by them. They are amazingly quiet, they handle really well in all conditions and give you great confidence in the wet.
I couldn't understand how a non brand can a achieve this .. then I realised there owned by michelin .. and even the big brand we know today started off as a nobody that no one had heard of before and now Pirelli are one of the biggest brands in the world.

You will be blown away by the performance I will only be fitting this tyre from now on
if you look up landsail on dtl-chinese-tyres.com you will find that this company is aiming to compete at the top of the market , even in aircraft tyres
I bought a pair to try on the front of my D2 and couldn't agree more about their performance , I selected them on the basis of wet performance , compounding and noise

how did they produce such a good product in such a short time ? same way as bridgestone ....head hunt their top technical people from the majors