A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 18th July 2014, 09:02 AM

Default Fitting a Parrot Bluetooth system to a D3

If the god smile on me i will be picking up a 4.2 QS D3 2004 next weekend.
Told that it does have the phone system with the handset under the divers hand rest....So to update the car to us my iphone and also steam my tunes and play my fav podcast on the way into work..... look at this one as the wife has it in her car and works very well.

Is it normal just fitting it to the D3 as it would be to a D2 .

https://shop.digitec.ch/en/s1/produc...FUTLtAodMh8AsA

this one does the bluetooth music streaming....

Thanks all
Old 18th July 2014, 05:00 PM

No need to go aftermarket if you have the handset, just rip out the phone module and replace with the correct Bluetooth OEM one. Job is a straight swap and you keep the full integration.

I stuck with the phone, and simply redirect calls from my iphone to the PAYG sim I use in the car. I can still make calls in the normal way, and all is good.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 18th July 2014, 05:06 PM

Wicked thanks Mannyo

where would i be able to get one from do you think A8 parts would have them
Thanks for the help
Old 18th July 2014, 05:15 PM

Oh yes can you also stream with that system ...music via the bluetooth and would you have a rough amount that i would be looking at to get one.

Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 06:20 PM

If the car has ami to connect iPods, USB etc then I believe there is a Bluetooth thingy that you can access music via Bluetooth but I don't have one so couldn't say as to the functionality.

If you decided to use the parrot system then you would need an aux input to the car and I don't know which modules has that functionality, it's already fitted to my car but like I said don't know what it connects to, possibly the TV tuner??

Old 2nd February 2019, 07:07 PM

I know it's quite some years since these posts, but......
I am (was) just looking at possibly getting a parrot Bluetooth model (9200) as my old parrot stopped working when the old analogue tv was replaced with a digital tv tuner.
Now I've read your posts this could be why? I've been educated!
Although I have the Audi phone module built into the car, I've replaced it once and then that one failed, so, I've now by-passed it so the MMI system still works.
I didn't realise the old parrot I had would have (possibly) been connected via the tv tuner, but, it makes perfect sense as to why my old parrot hasn't worked since.
The main reason I'm writing this is that I didn't realise the old (non Bluetooth) Audi telephone unit was directly replaceable with a Bluetooth one?
Has anyone done this and do you recall how much you paid for a 2nd hand one?
My pride and joy - 1991 ur 20v quattro (owned since 2003).
BMW 645 (Need to sell now I have 2 A8s....)
Previous cars
A8 D4 4.2tdi lwb (2011)
A4 cab 3.0 Quattro petrol (2005)
T5 Caravelle exec 2.5 (2006)
A8 D2 3.7 quattro sport (2001)
A8 D3 4.2 quattro (2003)
A6 4.2 quattro avant (1999)
A6 2.8 quattro (1998)
Audi Coupe 2.6E (1993)
Carlton 3.0 GSI
Old 3rd February 2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcjd View Post
I know it's quite some years since these posts, but......
I am (was) just looking at possibly getting a parrot Bluetooth model (9200) as my old parrot stopped working when the old analogue tv was replaced with a digital tv tuner.
Now I've read your posts this could be why? I've been educated!
Although I have the Audi phone module built into the car, I've replaced it once and then that one failed, so, I've now by-passed it so the MMI system still works.
I didn't realise the old parrot I had would have (possibly) been connected via the tv tuner, but, it makes perfect sense as to why my old parrot hasn't worked since.
The main reason I'm writing this is that I didn't realise the old (non Bluetooth) Audi telephone unit was directly replaceable with a Bluetooth one?
Has anyone done this and do you recall how much you paid for a 2nd hand one?
Hi mate:
Forget the parrot in the D3, it's not possible to fit in.
Parrot handsfree is designed to be inserted between the ISO connectors of the car and the ones of the stereo music, that is, parrot has a dedicated amplifier (not very powerful, must be honest) that is used to feed the 4 channel output. So, it works fine with a "standard" car (4 channel speakers, without amplifiers nor fiber optics), but not in our complex - 12 channel - amplified - fiber optics A8/s8.
I know very well this handsfree, I have fitted both mki 9100 in my other 2 cars. Sounds fine (except the power output that is very poor), but nothing compared with the factory fitted sound system of the D3.

If you want a good bluetooth handsfree / Bluetooth stereo, buy a Fiscon handsfree in Kufatec
https://www.kufatec.com/en/all-produ...i-mmi-2g-37196

Hope that it helps. Best regards
Audi S8 D3 Facelift 2008. Phantom black pearl effect, Ceramic Brakes, 20 x 9J ‘7-arm twin-spoke’ design polished rims, ACC, Auxiliary heater, Side assist, Rear & side electrical blinds, Audi Parking System Advanced, Power boot, Soft close, Kessy, Auto dimming mirrors, Solar sunroof with photovoltaic cells, Bluetooth and Mobile phone with handset, Side & rear laminated glass, Leather & trim package 3, Bose 6000, Audi Music Interface, Digital TV & Radio, TPMS, Rear Climatronic, Front confort seats heated, ventilated & massage, Heated & electrically adjustable rear seats, Through-load facility, Tyre Mobility System & 19" spare wheel, Fridge, Alcantara package, Homelink, External lighting package.

Wish list: B&O sound system, Rear ventilation + massage, RSE, MMI remote
Old 5th February 2019, 09:30 AM

Hi.
Thanks for that info!
I just thought that, seen as though the car already had a parrot fitted (god knows how old it is), that the 9200 could use the existing wiring?
A young lad at Halfords, who seemed really clued up with phone figments, suggested that seen as though I already had a parrot, the 9200 could pick up on that harness.
He seemed to think the 'blue box' of the parrot failed after a while, so, when I asked where he'd expect to find it, he suggested in the glovebox area, probably linked to the cd changer?
However, I will look at the Option you suggested OR the Bluetooth box that directly replaced my phone module.
Thanks again.
Previous cars
A8 D4 4.2tdi lwb (2011)
A8 D3 4.2 quattro (2003)
A6 2.8 quattro (1998)
Audi Coupe 2.6E (1993)
Carlton 3.0 GSI
Old 5th February 2019, 05:20 PM

If it was connected to analogue TV via the AUX-in then it should just work the same with the digital TV tuner without any wiring changes (might just need to enable AUX-in via VCDS) on the new tuner. If it WAS connected to AUX that would be annoying as you would have to switch audio source to AUX to use it.
Old 12th March 2019, 03:53 PM

Thanks to all!
Just installed the Audi Bluetooth module, supplied by prestige parts.
Bought the 54 pin connector from TPS and followed the concise instructions posted on this forum.
Happy days!
Previous cars
A8 D4 4.2tdi lwb (2011)
A8 D3 4.2 quattro (2003)
A6 2.8 quattro (1998)
Audi Coupe 2.6E (1993)
Carlton 3.0 GSI