A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 6th June 2016, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Question Brexit......

Not long now, and wondering what peoples thoughts are on the matter....

There's lots of speculation about what might or might not happen either way, but the truth seems to be that no one really knows.

If we leave the EU, do Brits working there have to come home / apply for a visa, and vice versa do we evict European workers ?

What is really the impact of losing our European trading agreements with other countries.

How does it work in practise ? How quickly ?

I go to France in August. How would that likely change. ?

I confess, I'm undecided, and have left my research to the last minute.

Hence the post.....

The Daily Town Car - 2023 Tesla Model Y Performance. Black with Black. Giant ipad screen, huge sunroof, 4 wheel drive, Tow bar, lots of ooomph and made in China, so actually built properly unlike the Californian ones.

The Family Wagon - 2018 Tesla Model X. Black, 7 Seats, Towbar, Homelink, Enhanced Auto pilot with Summon and self park, Heated front seats, CCS Charger upgrade, MCU2 Upgrade, Falconwing Doors, Self opening / closing doors, Netflix, Spotify, toys, Air suspension, alcantara roof + lots of other stuff......

The 17 year old Driver Wagon 2015 Skoda Citigo Monte Carlo. Alloys, Power steering, Aircon, Leccy windows, Sat Nav, bluetooth, central locking, cup holders, 59 whole bhp. Million times better than my first car. Well jealous.....

The First 20 Audis:

2001 D2 4.2 QS Silver, 1997 D2 S8 Silver, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2002 D2 S8 Dolphin Grey,
2003 C5 RS6 Blue, 1998 D2 S8 Black, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue, 2003 D3 4.2 Ming Blue,
2005 B7 S4 Blue, 2006 D3 3.0 Tdi Black, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2003 D3 4.2 LPG Crystal Blue,
2000 D2 S8 Silver, 2007 3.0 Tdi Q7 Black, 2009 B8 S4 Black, 1998 D2 S8 Agate Grey,
2006 D3 4.2 Tdi Blue, 2006 D3 S8, 2007 Q7 3.0 Tdi, 2006 C6 S6,

The Second 20 Audis:

2011 A7 Sline, 2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2002 A2 1.4 Tdi Silver, 2006 A8 4.2 Tdi Blue,
2007 4.2 Tdi Q7, 2006 S4 Cab Silver, 2010 RS6 Saloon Black , 2007 TT Roadster,
2010 A8 D4 4.2 Silver, 2006 C6 A6 2.7 Tdi Quattro, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue (again), 2008 Q7 4.2 Black,
2009 C6 RS6 Saloon Daytona Grey, 2001 Fully Loaded A2 Tdi, 2006 Avant S6 Black, 2007 VW Caravelle Exec Black (almost an Audi)
2009 TT Roadster Daytona, 2015 Q7 4.2 tdi lava grey, 2002 GmbH D2 demonstrator, 2006 D3 A8 LWB 4.2 Tdi Black

Most Recent Audis:

2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2007 4.2 FSi Q7 ABT Blue, 2016 S5 Coupe Launch model, 2004 S4 B6 Cabriolet, 2016 Q7 Sline White, 2006 Q7 4.2 FSi Black, 2012 Q7 Sline+ 4.2Tdi White, 2008 Blue Audi S8

Everything Else

1989 Subaru Justy, 1986 Vauxhall Cartlton 2.0 GL, 1985 Vauxhall Carlton 2.2 CDi, 1987 Ford Sierra XR4x4, 1983 Vauxhall Senator, 1985 Vauxhall Senator 3.0i, 1997 Polo Saloon, 1997 Peugeot 306 1.9 TDi, Ford Sierra Sapphire 2000E, 1990 Subaru Justy, 2000 Subaru Impreza, 2000 Subaru Impreza RB5, 1993 Range Rover LSE, 2005 VW Bora, 2003 Skoda Superb, 2003 VW Passat V6 4 Motion, 1996 Peugeot 106, 2000 Range Rover 4.0, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Old 6th June 2016, 04:02 PM

frankly I think anyone who votes out isn't thinking clearly

at the moment there are signs of big political changes in the wind ....everywhere....even bernie sanders could get elected and corbyn did !

so now isn't the moment to vote out even if it is the best thing to do long term , if it is the wrong decision we can't go back on the same terms .....the euro and schengen are now compulsory for fresh entrants , if we stay in for now we can make a better informed decision in the not distant future

if polls are to be believe 80%of under30's want to stay in , as a BOF I intend to vote to remain and let the youngsters decide their own future , I shall have shuffled off this mortal coil by the time any brexit has been negotiated

btw ian , your EHIC will still be ok pro tem although obviously it will disappear in due course , so no problems for your holiday

Last edited by oldnick; 6th June 2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 6th June 2016, 04:03 PM

I vote to leave, purely for the reason that we should get to decide what happens in our farms and fishing grounds, that and keeping out all the immigrants that we don't need.

I'm not against immigration but I do believe if you are wanting to move to another country you should have something that that country needs.

There are skills were are short of in his country and by all means if you meet that skill set then you should be welcome here.

How it will affect those of us travelling, time will tell but I suspect there won't be much issues as we can travel to many non eu countries perfectly well as is.

Old 6th June 2016, 04:25 PM

I'm yet to actually hear anything positive by either side, it's all doom and gloom for both sides. Going to be bad if we leave going to be bad if we stay.

I'm undecided too.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 6th June 2016, 04:48 PM

i will toss my 2 headed coin on the day
heads OUT
heads IN

Old 6th June 2016, 05:04 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I'm yet to actually hear anything positive by either side, it's all doom and gloom for both sides. Going to be bad if we leave going to be bad if we stay.

I'm undecided too.
Same here.

I'm past caring to be honest. I lost all faith in politicians and government many years ago. The only thing that is certain, whichever way you vote, the politicians will manage to f##k it up somehow.

Quote:
polˇiˇtics (pŏl′ĭ-tĭks)

Origin: Poly (many) Ticks (blood sucking parasites).
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 6th June 2016, 06:29 PM

I am likely to vote out. I see the EU becoming too big and powerful that the countries within are losing the power to control their own future. The way Greece has been treated is awful, even if they should never have been allowed in.

I've also read that the EU officials are immune from prosecution while working for the EU. We can't decide who they are either, and I think this centralisation of power in Brussels has reduced the choice of who we vote into Westminster. If so much is controlled by the EU, how can different parties offer much choice?

This could be the only chance we get to do this, it's a risk, but it's worth taking.

Back in the 70's Margaret Thatcher had some good things to say and I think it's still relevant.

http://www.margaretthatcher.org/document/107332

I doubt anything will change very quickly if we vote leave, it'll take time to sort everything out and any laws made whilst a member will still be UK law unless a change is passed I Westminster.

I'm not against Europeans or immigration. My wife is from the Republic of Ireland if that makes much difference!
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 6th June 2016, 07:10 PM

Default Great to see his on our site

Hi,

I am reluctantly voting "In" right now but agree with some of the Out arguments.

We cannot vote them out.

The accounts haven't been audited for over 20 years.

Our relations with the rest of the world ARE sometimes worse as we haven't got the right to sort our own deals.

HOWEVER

the economy would take a definite hit in exchange for a possible boost.

The EU has a role in presenting a united face to Mr Putin. If we convince our US allies we want THEM o pay for our defence why SHOULD their citizens in Kansas, Georgia, Montana and many other less glamorous (and wealthy) parts pay??
(Yes, really that IS NATO but Yanks and Russians won't understand that imho.)

So would I change my mind??

Two things would influence me.

1. A charismatic leader of Out that I respect (no Joker Borris thanks)

2. The out campaign committing wholeheartedly to a free trade regime that would potentially deliver the growth we would need. Evert left wing Outer is slavering over adding more protectionism, saving high visibility jobs in unionised, emotive cases by adding a bit more, then a bit more to the costs of every other business in the nation.

Thanks for being interested: this IS going to be tight if folks don't bother to turn out to vote.

Robert
Old 6th June 2016, 08:12 PM

I'm too old to care either way really. I do think that our PM is heading for early retirement no matter which way the voters vote. We could be heading for an early General Election too. 'Project Fear' could very well backfire on itself.

All I will add is we did pretty well without the EU from 1940 to 1945. Could you imagine the 'health and saftey' and PC. brigade during he summer of 1940? No Spitfires or Hurricanes to fly below X feet, and no shooting down those misguided Nazis in their bombers. Perhaps if they invaded we'd give 'em benefits

Reminds me of a little story I read on another forum. Allegedly the German air controllers at a certain Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They, it is alleged, not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them. So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign Speedbird 209.
Speedbird 209: "Ground, Speedbird 209 clear of active runway."
Ground: "Speedbird 209. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven." The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.
Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"
Speedbird 209: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."
Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 209, have you not been here before?"
Speedbird 209 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark,... and I didn't land."

Last edited by green A8; 6th June 2016 at 08:17 PM.
Old 6th June 2016, 08:21 PM

its got to be IN, this isnt the time.

and on top of the arguments above i have no faith that these to**ers could organise a brewery event succesfully, imagine what chaos will ensue with an exit of these proportions. we will be looking at years of turmoil.

lets face the fact that the boys in all parties are actually interested in what position they get out of their vote rather than belief.

I may have watched too many episodes of YES Prime Minister. a lot of peop-le will make a lot of money out of an exit, but we wont know any of them.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom