A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 30th June 2019, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
I have just spoken to VRS and they now charge £1500 +VAT for this job which includes BMC filter, gaskets, carbon clean (by hand), remap and dyno afterwards. I didn't think it would be so much but I will still get it done in the coming months.
I think its a good price to be honest, the remap alone is about £450 - they have done 3 of my cars so far so I know that's the remap price with dyne printouts, £1050 for the rest of the work is pretty good considering there is a lot involved. The difference will be huge when you get the car back, power is night/day different

Keep me posted on it mate
Old 22nd November 2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1781cc View Post
I think its a good price to be honest, the remap alone is about £450 - they have done 3 of my cars so far so I know that's the remap price with dyne printouts, £1050 for the rest of the work is pretty good considering there is a lot involved. The difference will be huge when you get the car back, power is night/day different

Keep me posted on it mate
Well just got the car back after leaving it with them. I haven't had a chance to drive it properly as the traffic was horrendous and it was raining. So far, so good. VRS are a top outfit, Will explained it all and even helped save some costs on a couple of small repairs I needed/had asked for. I also had them fit a strut for me so car is now very good. I cannot comment on the sound yet as I had an exhaust leak prior to the work being done so it sounds quieter lol.

The 'package' doesn't include BMC filters, I may have mis-heard but I'm not actually bothered as it's only worth it if it is modded further. The power figures are actually around stock which at first I was disappointed with however he told me they are usually around the 400bhp tops when they come in but the car is a lot more 'driveable'. I will definitely use them again.

I just about caught mine in time, I had one flap broken and sitting inside the manifold. Could have been much, much worse. If you have a V10 and you haven't had this done, then unless you have had a new manifold fitted )or intend to) then get it done. You will only regret it later if not
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 22nd November 2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:

I just about caught mine in time, I had one flap broken and sitting inside the manifold. Could have been much, much worse. If you have a V10 and you haven't had this done, then unless you have had a new manifold fitted )or intend to) then get it done. You will only regret it later if not
I couldn't agree more, it's a ticking time bomb. Mine had two flaps lying over the inlets and I reckon one last drive with the EML light on would have seen the engine a write-off. Peace of mind for a fraction of the cost of a new manifold and no loss of performance isn't a difficult choice

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 23rd November 2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Well just got the car back after leaving it with them. I haven't had a chance to drive it properly as the traffic was horrendous and it was raining. So far, so good. VRS are a top outfit, Will explained it all and even helped save some costs on a couple of small repairs I needed/had asked for. I also had them fit a strut for me so car is now very good. I cannot comment on the sound yet as I had an exhaust leak prior to the work being done so it sounds quieter lol.

The 'package' doesn't include BMC filters, I may have mis-heard but I'm not actually bothered as it's only worth it if it is modded further. The power figures are actually around stock which at first I was disappointed with however he told me they are usually around the 400bhp tops when they come in but the car is a lot more 'driveable'. I will definitely use them again.

Thats great news, did you get it dyno'ed after? I am hoping Will knocks some money off my next bill with them for all the recommendations ha ha

The difference for me was night and day
Old 23rd November 2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1781cc View Post
Thats great news, did you get it dyno'ed after? I am hoping Will knocks some money off my next bill with them for all the recommendations ha ha

The difference for me was night and day
I did get it dyno'd. The figures were less than I expected, it virtually running stock figures now however it shows these cars either lose a lot over the years or never make what is on paper from factory. I don't care about the figures, the power curve is smooth and a much better drive. Need to take it for a decent drive today
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 23rd November 2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
I couldn't agree more, it's a ticking time bomb. Mine had two flaps lying over the inlets and I reckon one last drive with the EML light on would have seen the engine a write-off. Peace of mind for a fraction of the cost of a new manifold and no loss of performance isn't a difficult choice
Definitely! I now have peace of mind and can drive it as I please (within the law of course )