A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Cool Wall

Cool Wall For posting possible 'cool' cars - Please post with a vote so other members can vote on there suitability. A link to an online post should be accompanied by an uploaded photo for longevity please as adverts expire.

View Poll Results: Is it cool?
Yes it is Dezzy 11 84.62%
No it's not, you idiot Dez 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16th May 2012, 04:19 PM

Default Opel Manta A Series

Always liked the Manta but you don't see them for sale very often

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opel-Manta...item19d0b66f12

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	manta.jpg
Views:	8244
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	3434   Click image for larger version

Name:	manta2.jpg
Views:	8155
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	3435  

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 16th May 2012, 04:48 PM

That one is a bit, erm, 'chavvy'....

Normal ones are cool...

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 16th May 2012, 04:49 PM

It would look much better without the black wheels and thick black line up the side

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro
Old 16th May 2012, 05:20 PM

Ok agreed this one is a bit of a tart, but it's the only one i've seen for sale since i was about 18.

It was more the model not this particular car

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 16th May 2012, 06:38 PM

NO NO NO NO NO. It's just a pale imitation wannabe Capri. A car that was enormously better looking, far more innovative, handled better and was in every way superior. Ford pulled a blinder with the radical idea of something that didn't look like a 3 box design but still had "normal" running gear meaning it was cheap and damn popular. Opel just fell on the passing band wagon several years after it started rolling. The Opel Manta? Pffffffft! a facsimillie of greatness and therefore not and never will be great. I shall now put my soapbox back in the cupboard. Thankyou for listening.

PF late '97 D2 2.8 Aluminium Silver. Solar roof, Full Heated Leather, Double Glazing, 17" wheels, Sports Steering Wheel, Cruise, Blinds, Bose sound.

Fiat Tipo diseasel econobox with all the buttons and none of the soul that now does all the heavy lifting.

Ford Capri Laser: noisy, slow, thirsty, bouncy, no buttons but it always sounds like it’s REALLY trying and I can’t help but chuckle when it parps and boings along. And people of a certain age stare at it with a wistful look in their eyes that clearly says…I had one of them. And I sold it because of the kids
Old 16th May 2012, 08:04 PM

Not my sort of car, I don't like it

2006 Audi A8 D3 Quattro Sport 4.2 TDI - Silver, Family Oil Burner.
2000 Audi A4 Quattro Sport 2.5 TDI - Santorin Blue, S8-Powered DTM Race Car Build In Progress.
2000 Audi A4 Quattro Sport 2.8 30V - Pelican Blue, RS4 Widebody, D3 4.2 01E, High-Spec B5 Build In Progress.
Old 17th May 2012, 06:39 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

I'm with B@fink on this one. Horrible IMHO!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 5th June 2012, 08:53 AM

I always loved the style of these cars, when I was a schoolboy, the PT teacher had one, a primrose yellow example, inspite of the colour, was a good looking car I always thought.
Capri did start the trend, but IMHO the Manta was far more easy on the eye!
Old 6th June 2012, 06:45 PM

Having driven and owned both capris and mantas I am on the side of the manta for the driving experience. Capri fun but manta felt more sorted. Production started in seventy and looks wise it's less derivative than the capri.

"Being in touch with your feminine side" - The ability to, in the 30 seconds following a major accident, obtain your wifes approval for replacing your big german car with another "because otherwise we'd be dead".

See also sulking for two years until she finally allows you to get another purely on the basis of your current one being the wrong colour.