A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 1st April 2016, 05:57 PM

Default A little update

Well its been 783 days since I started this thread and today I finally got round to calibrating the camera

Rome wasn't built in a day, and if it were I the king of procrastination that was left to building it, it probably would never have been done.

So anyway using the instruction posted a page or two back I set about setting up my blue peter calibration board with the aid of a couple of tape measures a straight edge and a laser.

I placed the straight edge behind the two rear wheels, then using the laser positioned on the centre of the rear wheel I got a measurement of 190 from the back edge of the straight edge.

Then laid the two tapes out from the straight edge behind the car and laid blue peter special over the tapes, then using the laser placed in the middle of the target aligned it in the centre of the car and made sure the distances were equal both sides.

I settled on 1500mm as it was easy to read on the tape.

Then it was just a matter of following the instructions and waiting for the calibration to complete, it done it first time with no buggering around but to be honest other than the fact the error is no longer present in the scan its made little difference.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3793.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	477.2 KB
ID:	12926  

Old 11th April 2016, 11:44 PM

Would you mind sharing all the values you have measured with us please.. thank you

Currently:
2015 Audi A8 4H Sport Executive Quattro in Monsoon Grey
Old 18th September 2019, 08:19 PM

Old thread but a couple of points I wanted to add that may help others.

I recently replaced my grip moulding as previously the light had cracked (over-tightened) and water seemed to get under the paint. Similar 'rust bubble' type scenario on the LHS corner where paint had bubbled. Unfortunately a screw had snapped in the past and bodged so I replaced the trim and reverse light units. Being an S8, of course it has to be the most expensive option as it is metal and not the plastic variant used on some models. Anyway, trim painted and I assembled the camera, handle and new seals.

The bracket that holds the camera seems to slot into the back of the handle and so holding it in place as well as the 2 screws. As I had it all apart, I decided to fit the relay for the 'boot close via fob' mod. So, everything back together and all good, even though my boot doesn't go up and down as it should, the mod works and I will sort the open/close later. One problem - the boot button inside the car on the driver's door bin does not work. Fuse? Maybe but everything else works. Damaged a wire fitting the mod? Most likely. So I decided I would strip it again when I have time. However, I was bored that evening and decided to Google it and came across a thread stating that the car boot lock could be in valet mode (lock is horizontal). Not sure how it could happen as it was out for a day and then back but sure enough it was now horizontal. Turned it with the key and hey presto it works. Google, I love you!
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder