A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 26th November 2010, 01:42 PM

Default 2 weeks with out my 8 are almost up

I have missed my car while it has been under the expert care of Ben. Some of you may remember at ADI 2010, I found some water in boot and had a problem with water getting into the ventilation system. On the back of that I wanted to get the car to Ben, so waited for him to begin Saturday working and dropped the car off 2 weeks ago at Daventry. The new workshop at Revo is pristine by the way and speaking with a couple of the lads there, he seems to be working with a nice group of guys. Ben was kind enough to show me how well the new mapped Ibiza Cupra goes, noticeable faster that my S8 up to a point. Fortunately it also stops with equal alacrity, thankfully no harm was done due to Ben's reactions and the Ibiza's brakes, when a gentleman of age obviously failed to see us and pulled straight out in front of us.

From his description on the phone of the actual amount of water ingress, its lucky the car was still driving normally. Words like ECU's full of water, carpets sodden, 3 days with the heater in it to dry it out, are immensely troubling, Especially as I hadn't noticed the worst of it.

Thankfully Ben has done his thing and restored my car to rude health no doubt and I'll pick her up tomorrow. I can't wait, I love my 2nd car ( 1995 Merc E320 coupe), but with the weather getting a bit iffy, I want my quattro!!
Old 26th November 2010, 04:47 PM

Or not......

Despite Ben's not inconsiderable efforts, my S8 is still thwarting his attempts to make it 100% watertight.

Big up to Ben for the work so far and his determination to get the car 100% before handing it back. I wouldn't settle for 99% watertight and neither will he, I know he'll get on top of it.
Old 28th November 2010, 06:04 PM

Top notch service once again from the maestro.....always the perfectionist, thank god

A8OC Founder

The A8 Owners Club here
Old 1st December 2010, 11:49 AM

Hooray, the car is sealed again with two days of testing to prove it. Just the carpets to go back in and I pick her up on Saturday.
Old 4th December 2010, 06:05 PM

Good to see you today mate!!
Glad you have her back.
I had a **** journey home - got my 90 running BRILLIANT and she was flying on the way home - until that is, the injector resistor pack failed, in the pouring rain at the side of the M1.
I managed to bypass half of it and so got 3 cyls running but from J20 - J24 and then my place was not a fun experience!!! I was supposed to be playing in the snow in Matlock tomorrow....
Old 5th December 2010, 04:13 PM

Aww bugger.

I had a great drive home thanks to you. Forgot how effortlessly I can cover ground. I made sure I took long way home and had a ball. You've also managed to eliminated a couple of the annoying squeaks from the car.

I am genuinely thrilled to have my 8 back. Thank you once again