A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 7th May 2015, 11:37 AM

Question Buying Xenon bulbs

Some of you may know about my recent purchase which involves taking the front bumper off. So I'm thinking to change my Xenon bulbs and DRL bulbs at the same time as they are a real pain, but with bumper off it only takes couple of minutes to remove the headlights where the whole process becomes a piece of cake.
So I'm looking at some Philips Xtreme Vision.

The price varies a lot, from £90 per bulb from ECP, to £65-70 on eBay and then I found this website which sells them for just over £50 each.
Bare in mind their prices are exc. VAT
https://www.any-lamp.co.uk/philips-d2s-x-tremevision

I've heard of some counterfeit Philips Xenon bulbs on eBay and internet.

Would you stay away from this guys or with no hesitation place order with them????

Thanks

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 7th May 2015, 12:02 PM

I bought a pair from ECP a few weeks ago for £126.90. Not sure if the D3 is the same, but the D2 takes D2R bulbs, not the more common D2S.

But the difference is noticeable. I changed one then put them on to compare... much better!
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 7th May 2015, 09:10 PM

Marcin,
Drop Trups a email at Sales@emtuning.co.uk.
See what he can do you and let him know that I sent you.
He'll look after you.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 7th May 2015, 09:42 PM

Wot ee sed!!!

Trups is a good source

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 7th May 2015, 09:58 PM

Just in case anyone is interested. The xenon 'S' & 'R' stands for Straight or Reflected. And that pretty much describes the way the lamp works. Some project the light 'straight' out from the bulb (through a lens I guess) and the others reflect it back onto the reflector at the back of the headlamp, and from there out the front.
That's a pretty useless bit of info that I just had to share
Old 8th May 2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
Just in case anyone is interested. The xenon 'S' & 'R' stands for Straight or Reflected. And that pretty much describes the way the lamp works. Some project the light 'straight' out from the bulb (through a lens I guess) and the others reflect it back onto the reflector at the back of the headlamp, and from there out the front.
That's a pretty useless bit of info that I just had to share
Thanks I did wonder the difference and why there was a (ceramic?) strip running the length of the glass on 'R'. Must be this then.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 14th May 2015, 09:42 PM

I ended up buying Philips X-treme Vision from Any Lamp .co.uk
Never heard of them and the lowest prices than everyone else made me doubt and bit as there is a lot of fake Philips Xenon bulbs.

One of the secrets why they are at least £30 cheaper than any other reseller in UK (it happens to be eBay bulbs shop) is possibly the fact that company is registered and based in Netherlands.
But, they did shipped the bulbs from UK warehouse via UPS next day so delivery was very fast.

With fake Philips Xenon bulbs you wont get them packed as a pair if you buy two, so the fact that they came in a sealed box with all the part and serial number printed on the label which was acting as a seal was already a good start.

They all the original Xenon bulbs have the QR code with encrypted serial number and also security confirmation code on the hologram sticker next to it. So after scanning the QR code it took me to the Philips website where the encrypted serial number was displayed and they've asked to enter the 6 digit confirmation code from the hologram sticker.
Both products were verified by Philips as Genuine which is a great news because I have paid for a set of very good and well recommended Xenons inc UPS next day £101 !!!!!!!!
Cheapest ebay pair was £130, other shops sell them from £70-£80 each where ECP for £93 each if I remember well.

So £100 for a pair of one of the leading Xenons on the market is a bargain.

Plus you get two company branded pens if that means anything, don't think it does but I will just mention.

And they were very well packed and protected.

5 star shop

https://www.any-lamp.co.uk/philips-d2s-x-tremevision
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0681.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	477.1 KB
ID:	10772   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0683.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	320.7 KB
ID:	10773  

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
Old 16th May 2015, 09:44 PM

Xenons fitted today and what a difference, you can really notice the extra brightness and they do give a nice bright white colour of the beam. Still early stage, but I expect them to be slightly more whiter after few hours of use.

On the road they look great, when you look at the lense there is no hint of blue at all, even if you would expect it at 4800k.

I would definitely recommend the product and supplier

And with bumper off it is really a 5min job

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10