A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 16th April 2020, 09:11 PM

I recently had the battery replaced in my RS6 (which is presumably similar tech to D3 S8). And the after having it recoded the ESP light was on, mechanic said it would go out after a couple of miles and it did. Battery issues do seem to throw up weird things in that generation Audi. Take it out for a drive and hopefully it will clear

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 17th April 2020, 10:32 AM

Thanks gents. I also came back to a snapped bonnet release cable but it is the rear part that goes into the car and not the usual end that goes to the latches. I managed to get it open via the wheel arch. New cable ordered for Monday, will drive it once fitted as I don't want to drive it with the bonnet open
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 20th April 2020, 05:10 PM

Small update, bonnet cable sorted

Tricky job but scarier than it seemed. At just over £15 from TPS for the rear one, it was a lot cheaper than I thought.

Took it for a drive and the ABS remains on so next plan of action is to disconnect the battery and see if it cures the fault after another drive. Fingers crossed
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 25th April 2020, 06:26 PM

Well removing the battery didn't cure it, even after a drive. So, either the module is duff or there is a comms problem. Looking at some forums online, there seems to be a problem with the wiring becoming brittle, mainly due to the heat around it. Not sure what years this affected but next job will be to check the wiring harness from the ABS module the goes own the inner wing.
Old 26th April 2020, 05:06 PM

Oh I forgot to mention, removing the battery also decided to throw up a Steering Angle Sensor (G85) code which would not clear. I checked the measuring blocks and it was stuck on -2.5 so followed the Ross Tech Wiki and recalibrated it, all good again (phew).