A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 12th February 2009, 10:09 PM
Futura

Default TV on the move

I am in an S5 at moment but thinking of S8 (08 model year) as there are some half decent deals around. I previously had an '06 A8 with TV but never got round to getting TV to work on the move as an auto electrician told me it needed a piece of kit cosing several hundred to get it to work.

Do you know if that is nonsense as it would appear from posts elsewhere that on older models, at least, the trick is to get the unit to think the vehicle isn't moving by disconnecting / cutting a wire.

Any help much appreciated

Futura Blue
Old 16th February 2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura View Post
I am in an S5 at moment but thinking of S8 (08 model year) as there are some half decent deals around. I previously had an '06 A8 with TV but never got round to getting TV to work on the move as an auto electrician told me it needed a piece of kit cosing several hundred to get it to work.

Do you know if that is nonsense as it would appear from posts elsewhere that on older models, at least, the trick is to get the unit to think the vehicle isn't moving by disconnecting / cutting a wire.

Any help much appreciated

Futura Blue
Not quite as easy as the older models where you cut a wire.

You need to have VAGCOM and access 7 - Control Head. From there you need to adapt channel 63 but you do need a security code which can either be read by certain people on your car or some people can calculate over the web.

If you are around Manchester TCL Sat Nav can do it for around £80 with their special tool.

It's all electronic anyway. No boxes required.

HTH.