A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th September 2017, 08:39 PM

Default What's in the workshop this week?

September's project is Dean's truly scrumptious red 2.8Q. She is in need of a considerable amount of TLC, and Dean has given me permission to post the progress for your collective amusement

On the way home:

She's quite the hottie I've never had a car get as much attention as this, driving or otherwise. I had half a dozen other Audi drivers slow down to get a look, a minibus full of guys all staring out of the window on the way past, and a thumbs up from a guy an a TT. She certainly attracts attention!

This is the job list:

Couple of things to do then The drivetrain is coming out as it'll make everything easier to get to. By the time I've taken everything apart there are only going to be 4 bolts left to remove to take it all out anyway.

The usual shenanigans with the ECU box lid will need sorting, plus Botang's hole will get done while I'm in there.

This is the damage after Tony (PO) had a tyre blow out. The carcass made its way inboard and ate the arch liner. Luckily it didn't damage any of the fuel tank gubbins behind it.

The downpipes are done for

Tie rods will be done at the same time as a full set of front arms.

Oil leaks to embarrass the Exxon Valdez Standard fitment on the 2.8, but at least there aren't many seized bolts!