A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 14th September 2011, 04:59 PM

Default TV Question

Hi Guys,

Bought the A8 in London, drive home to Southampton and the TV channels are messed up. I figured out how to tune it but how do I change C 21 to BBC 1?

Scotty
Old 14th September 2011, 05:50 PM

It uses the signal identifier broadcast by the station and you won't get it if the signal isn't strong enough... And the analogue signal is nearly all done anyway.

I know.. I know..

Old 14th September 2011, 07:23 PM

Someone told me last week that the Leeds Area analogue signals were switched of, but i have a better picture than ever at the moment.

Only way to go to keep your tv working once its of is to put a digital tuner in, which costs quite a bit or get a aftermarket system and plug it in to the AUX socket of the analogue tv.

get one that auto tunes though mines a PITA , have to keep retuning for different area's
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 14th September 2011, 08:00 PM

I stil get analoge signal round leeds but i dont think it will last much longer. I have a plan to upgrade my entertainment system shortly. Just need last few items to arrive from ebay and i will get on with it