A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Driving bliss

Driving bliss Best roads? Best music? Whatever makes your 8 the best place to be, share it with us

Old 22nd August 2014, 03:34 PM

Default Audi A8 Must be the tow car of the decade for this!

Well, we know that the Quattro system is not only the original Performance four wheel drive system, but lets be fair it's most probably the best as well. I don't know if anyone here does tow with their Audi A8, but if you don't and was thinking of doing so then don't worry it's pretty damned obvious that it will cope with what ever you throw at it, it'll keep fighting till the end!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcSmvIULJLo

Regards, Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 23rd August 2014, 09:35 AM

I have been towing a double axle car trailer and track car for many years
Old 27th August 2014, 05:43 PM

i would expect nothing less
Old 7th January 2017, 09:45 AM

We purchased our A8 a couple of months ago to use as a tow car, I got lucky with a brand new westfelia towbar and genuine electrics off eBay and now have that fitted. First towing with it was a short break at new year and it was great with the air suspension.

My only worry is with the air suspension and a heavy noseweight on our 2ton 9m caravan, I'm not sure how long the 8 year old bags will last.
Old 7th January 2017, 09:54 AM

It says the video is unavailable for me :/

2008 Audi S8
Old 7th January 2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Tony View Post
It says the video is unavailable for me :/
May have been removed for some reason. However, try these as possible alternatives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGvSQWWmLKM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlWjHn8vEBo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA0355_4_A4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy-GsVY0ubU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbHoDAR_nMw

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 7th January 2017, 05:24 PM

Thumbs down

Did something similar a couple of years back with the Subaru legacy. Low loader got stuck on a short incline about 3 miles from the yard. Clutch didnt like it much though

Daily drive:
2016 Infiniti QX70.....a car that's even more complicated than my last Infiniti FX to modify

Current 'Project':
VW Crafter CR50 4 berth camper van

Previous 'Projects':
2006 Subaru Legacy Spec 'B' 3.0R,
1994 Ex-MOD Land Rover Defender, now "civilianised".
2000 Audi S8 FL

www.whall.co.uk
Old 7th January 2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiseuk View Post
Did something similar a couple of years back with the Subaru legacy. Low loader got stuck on a short incline about 3 miles from the yard. Clutch didnt like it much though
Should have taken the S8

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 8th January 2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Should have taken the S8
if it happens again, the S8 might be called upon

Daily drive:
2016 Infiniti QX70.....a car that's even more complicated than my last Infiniti FX to modify

Current 'Project':
VW Crafter CR50 4 berth camper van

Previous 'Projects':
2006 Subaru Legacy Spec 'B' 3.0R,
1994 Ex-MOD Land Rover Defender, now "civilianised".
2000 Audi S8 FL

www.whall.co.uk
Old 8th January 2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiseuk View Post
if it happens again, the S8 might be called upon
S8 has the wrong power for towing this all day 😊