A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Engine Bay

D2 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 10th December 2012, 02:57 PM

I remember reading an article where someone drove down to France to have the first service on their A6 as it was that much cheaper, still with an Audi main dealer and keeping the warranty, sort of like a free holiday it turned out.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 10th December 2012, 03:16 PM

I still use PCT on the A45 Amar, in fact it's in there tomorrow for a couple of bits and bobs, just use the OPC for routine servicing, nothing more
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 10th December 2012, 04:42 PM

http://www.wheelbase.uk.com/

around the M25 and just up the A3

might be worth an Email to get a quote ?

early start and done in the day ?

agree 100% about take your own oil ...saves huge mark ups ; last time I forgot I got charged £13/litre for an oil I could have bought at half the price

incidentally audi/merc/BMW all use Fuchs oils ; I have had excellent service from

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/

even got the OE filters for my turbo diesel Fiat motorhome engine there

they allow clubs/forums to register and give all sorts of discounts [ application form on website ] ; have we got a mod/owner who could do that ?

Last edited by oldnick; 10th December 2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10th December 2012, 09:39 PM

Opie give forum discount whatever forum you list that appears on their site - AudiSRS gets you the discount and you don't need to be registered to actually get it lol

Ring Camspec in Crawley for a quote for cambelt - easy trains from Gatwick back into London and leave it with them a few days so it all gets done, assuming they're reasonable on price. Anywhere using genuine parts isn't going to vary much on that part of the bill, but labour can vary a lot.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 10th December 2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
Opie give forum discount whatever forum you list that appears on their site - AudiSRS gets you the discount and you don't need to be registered to actually get it lol

Ring Camspec in Crawley for a quote for cambelt - easy trains from Gatwick back into London and leave it with them a few days so it all gets done, assuming they're reasonable on price. Anywhere using genuine parts isn't going to vary much on that part of the bill, but labour can vary a lot.
maybe there is an A8 owner in crawley to offer free lodgings for a few days
Old 11th December 2012, 08:03 AM

LOL - only if they want to share a room with a 2 year old

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 11th December 2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffro View Post
Fontain took the **** when I was looking to get a cambelt done 3 years ago. IIRC they quoted somewhere around £960, when Audi M25 wanted £850. In the end I got it done for £660 at Audi Grimsby after a short haggle.

Why not choose a weekend away for yourself to somewhere pleasant with a local Audi dealer. Haggle on the price and use the money saved to pay for the travel & accommodation.
I'm sure that The Laird wont mind me mentioning that the supply and fit of the cambelt was done on my 8 by A4Audi (Clydebank) for £740 in 2010. (mmm Grimsby or Clydebank in November )
Old 11th December 2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
(mmm Grimsby or Clydebank in November )
Neither!! I dearly love my home town and there are some lovely days out nearby but to be fair I wasn't saying go to Grimsby. But why not somewhere like York, Harrogate or Lincoln for example?

I like Amar's suggestion too, head to the continent and make it a proper weekend. I remember the story he was relating about the Audi owner from Kent going to have work done in Calais as it was far cheaper even with the cost of the ferry/tunnel.
Old 11th December 2012, 10:03 AM

Found the article, Reffro.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/a6/18986/audi-a6
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 11th December 2012, 01:09 PM

[quote=Reffro;50551]Neither!! I dearly love my home town and there are some lovely days out nearby but to be fair I wasn't saying go to Grimsby. But why not somewhere like York, Harrogate or Lincoln for example?

I like Amar's suggestion too, head to the continent and make it a proper weekend. I remember the story he was relating about the Audi owner from Kent going to have work done in Calais as it was far cheaper even with the cost of the ferry/tunnel.[/Q UOTE]

well the exchange rate isn't the same any more , but the day return is still the same price

there are audi concessionaires in both calais and dover who offer fixed prices on work , would undoubtedly quote on a cam belt job ; got a feeling their workshops are open all day saturday

so take the mistress [ lover ? sorry amanda ] , stock up with booze , and a nice trip for nothing ..I think you can get cheap 3 day returns as well if you prefer that , you can get budget hotels like F1 for about £30 or less

http://www.snab.fr/nos-sites.php

don't quite understand their site as they seem to be the audi concesionaire in calais as well