A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 12th February 2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
sent PM my friend is very interested
Hi Roberto,

Back home again from Hospital and noticed that you have messaged on my thread so I am no going through them.

Regards

Mark

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 12th February 2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
I suspect that is the angle Roberto would be coming at.

And to be fair, a Cat D A8 with pre facelift front end and broken bonnet is worth more to someone on here than anywhere else.

So yes, I expect it will sell cheap, but the seller will probably get the best price and for someone who can see past those faults, there is a nice enough car hiding under there....
Thanks IT,

You're more than correct on that front, to be honest I wouldn't of even of considered selling the car if I had faith in the Audi dealership, but as they have been useless every time I've been involved and my need to get to hospital multiple times a week is essential then it's only becoming a hindrance to me as I know at some point I will need to check the oils, but the people on here are so knowledgeable that if someone offered to come to Cornwall and fix my problem then I would happily pay them Audi main dealer rates, I know you guys are able to have the means of fixing your own cars yourself, and my car out there with a Forum user means it would be fixed.

I love the car I truly do it's done 7,000 very happy miles with me and I've enjoyed most of them, I just hate being let down when the things I'm willing to pay to have fixed are just left festering because of the sake of useless back up. So if there is anyone local to Cornwall who would like to earn the cash for fixing this problem then I'd happily look at that option. The car is far to good to be broken, there is nothing wrong with it mechanically, it simply needs a bonnet opening and ideally a head lamp and fog lamp switch despite them illuminating as they should... and with it being a desirable colour and model, with low mileage on the last year or two of the D3 it is not one to scrap. It simply needs someone to help me sort it, or someone to take it as their own that has the ability to tinker and do work on their own cars, I am not in a health situation to be working on cars and so I'm left in this situation where I've got little option other than to sell a car I love and enjoy driving for the sake of a few small problems, people on this forum have already said can be fixed.

I appreciate all of the help and I will now go and check my private message!

Regards,

Mark

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 12th February 2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
sent PM my friend is very interested
Hi Roberto,

Does you message suggest that you sent you friend a PM about my car for him to contact me, or did you PM me to contact your friend? I only ask as I've just gone into my private messages and the last one in there unread was from three weeks ago from someone else.

Regards,

Mark.

Future Plans:

Planned Mods:

Old 12th February 2015, 04:14 PM

What kind of money are we talking, I have not seen any numbers mentioned.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 12th February 2015, 05:51 PM

Hello Mark,
I would really love to help in a situation like this, but living in Wigan means I am too far away. And being retired means not enough readies to take her off your hands.
I hope that someone more local to you can manage to spare some time to help you out.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 12th February 2015, 07:49 PM

hi, you need to come up with a price i think so people can decide

my friend has already put a deposit on one from an audi dealer yesterday

i might be interested also if its cheap enough as a daily drive for myself as i dont use my white one much only for best
Old 12th February 2015, 08:16 PM

I work in the trade and this all smells wrong to me.. Caveat emptor

Last edited by brasiliangringo; 12th February 2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12th February 2015, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasiliangringo View Post
I work in the trade and this all smells wrong to me.. Caveat emptor
Its a rare and unusual situation indeed, but not at all implausible.... I've seen more suspect looking, yet, genuine cases I'm sure.

If I were interested in car I'd be expecting it to be sat at around 25-35% below retail value all things considered, and that is not bad value when you consider that actually, its a very presentable looking piece of kit.

As with any private exchange, I'd recommend people do their homework, checks and investigations independently and form their own opinion of what they're buying, before they pay for it....

The Daily Town Car - 2023 Tesla Model Y Performance. Black with Black. Giant ipad screen, huge sunroof, 4 wheel drive, Tow bar, lots of ooomph and made in China, so actually built properly unlike the Californian ones.

The Family Wagon - 2018 Tesla Model X. Black, 7 Seats, Towbar, Homelink, Enhanced Auto pilot with Summon and self park, Heated front seats, CCS Charger upgrade, MCU2 Upgrade, Falconwing Doors, Self opening / closing doors, Netflix, Spotify, toys, Air suspension, alcantara roof + lots of other stuff......

The 17 year old Driver Wagon 2015 Skoda Citigo Monte Carlo. Alloys, Power steering, Aircon, Leccy windows, Sat Nav, bluetooth, central locking, cup holders, 59 whole bhp. Million times better than my first car. Well jealous.....

The First 20 Audis:

2001 D2 4.2 QS Silver, 1997 D2 S8 Silver, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2002 D2 S8 Dolphin Grey,
2003 C5 RS6 Blue, 1998 D2 S8 Black, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue, 2003 D3 4.2 Ming Blue,
2005 B7 S4 Blue, 2006 D3 3.0 Tdi Black, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2003 D3 4.2 LPG Crystal Blue,
2000 D2 S8 Silver, 2007 3.0 Tdi Q7 Black, 2009 B8 S4 Black, 1998 D2 S8 Agate Grey,
2006 D3 4.2 Tdi Blue, 2006 D3 S8, 2007 Q7 3.0 Tdi, 2006 C6 S6,

The Second 20 Audis:

2011 A7 Sline, 2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2002 A2 1.4 Tdi Silver, 2006 A8 4.2 Tdi Blue,
2007 4.2 Tdi Q7, 2006 S4 Cab Silver, 2010 RS6 Saloon Black , 2007 TT Roadster,
2010 A8 D4 4.2 Silver, 2006 C6 A6 2.7 Tdi Quattro, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue (again), 2008 Q7 4.2 Black,
2009 C6 RS6 Saloon Daytona Grey, 2001 Fully Loaded A2 Tdi, 2006 Avant S6 Black, 2007 VW Caravelle Exec Black (almost an Audi)
2009 TT Roadster Daytona, 2015 Q7 4.2 tdi lava grey, 2002 GmbH D2 demonstrator, 2006 D3 A8 LWB 4.2 Tdi Black

Most Recent Audis:

2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2007 4.2 FSi Q7 ABT Blue, 2016 S5 Coupe Launch model, 2004 S4 B6 Cabriolet, 2016 Q7 Sline White, 2006 Q7 4.2 FSi Black, 2012 Q7 Sline+ 4.2Tdi White, 2008 Blue Audi S8

Everything Else

1989 Subaru Justy, 1986 Vauxhall Cartlton 2.0 GL, 1985 Vauxhall Carlton 2.2 CDi, 1987 Ford Sierra XR4x4, 1983 Vauxhall Senator, 1985 Vauxhall Senator 3.0i, 1997 Polo Saloon, 1997 Peugeot 306 1.9 TDi, Ford Sierra Sapphire 2000E, 1990 Subaru Justy, 2000 Subaru Impreza, 2000 Subaru Impreza RB5, 1993 Range Rover LSE, 2005 VW Bora, 2003 Skoda Superb, 2003 VW Passat V6 4 Motion, 1996 Peugeot 106, 2000 Range Rover 4.0, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Old 13th February 2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
What kind of money are we talking, I have not seen any numbers mentioned.
Well I'm well aware what a perfect conditioned Late D3 Quattro Sport in the black with sub 80,000 miles goes for and at the time when I was looking spending £18,000 on one of these was not an option for me, so looking around I opted to take this one on with 69,741 miles for £10,000 and to be fair with the car it's done everything I expected of it and more, I'm sure all cars of this age need one or two things doing to them, what I wasn't expecting was for the likes of the Main dealers (first time ever owning an Audi) to be so difficult and so against getting anything done. Three times it's been with them at almost a collective £500 and still they've not even put in the air quality sensor that I bought to swap over which showed up on one of the computer scans... so if they can't get that little thing done and only repair the parts that happened to go wrong whilst in their car, and hand me back the car with everything that it went there to fix I'm extremely reluctant to go back a fourth time. I felt for the money the car was great value for money and I've been happy with it. I've no doubt that if I was well then this car wouldn't even be considered for sale as I'd somehow do the work myself and these small faults that are causing so much trouble and inconvenience for me, well they just wouldn't be there. Just happy motoring. But it's Friday and I've been to hospital three times this week and need to get about, as a motability customer this was sorted without any hassle and owning just one car now, and having it go of to garages for days at a time, coming back the same leaving my housebound and cancelling or rearranging hospital appointments to get the car up to the level it needs to be has become more than is acceptable and hence after my second visit for a non main dealer but Audi speciality to take money of me when attempting to get the bonnet open, being left with, "it needs crow barring open!" only says to me, more expense, more days off the road, more days missing appointments... I can't keep doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
Hello Mark,
I would really love to help in a situation like this, but living in Wigan means I am too far away. And being retired means not enough readies to take her off your hands.
I hope that someone more local to you can manage to spare some time to help you out.
Thanks TC, I live in Cornwall and my Audi A8 D3 count has now reached 4 since I bought the car in May... there is just nobody in Cornwall with them, my old Evo days we always used to get together and work on each others cars and in doing that they were always perfect and we never ever went to the main dealers we were covered. But down here is main dealers only and as you've already read they've let me down greatly. as have two different independents... although one of them did correct the light ballast for £50 the Audi main dealer said that they couldn't do for less than £2,200

Quote:
hi, you need to come up with a price i think so people can decide

my friend has already put a deposit on one from an audi dealer yesterday

i might be interested also if its cheap enough as a daily drive for myself as i dont use my white one much only for best
Hey Roberto, I looked at you White A8 when I was last logged on and she is truly something awesome, but you will admit it takes work... Mine however is also a stunning car, in fact yesterday when coming back from the hospital I dropped it in to the Polish boys for them to give it's mid winter wash and hoover and as they brought it out I watched and have to say I thought then I must be off my head for wanting to let a few niggles that refuse to sort in favour of a bottom of the range Astra or similar just wrapped up with the convince of Motability and warranties persuade me out of this car... it looked amazing yesterday all clean, and I drove it home and felt good. Have a look.

So price wise, it has a value but it has distractions that will put people off and not having an opening bonnet is a big one... it's far too good a car to break as the engine is good, strong and low mileage. But at this point I would accept a realistic offer or be happy to pay someone to get the bits done I need to get to sorted. I just can't be doing with any more hassle and pointless expense to only end up where I already am.

I'll post some interior pictures in a moment as I've found some on my other computer, I remember someone asking for some from a previous post.

Regards,

Mark.

Future Plans:

Planned Mods:

Old 13th February 2015, 03:29 PM

For all the chat, it'd still help your case enormously to put up what you actually would accept for the car....

The guessing game is fun and all that, however.....
2012 Porsche 981 3.4S PDK mid life crisis!