A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > IT, AV and other Tech

IT, AV and other Tech All computing, home cinema and technology that isnt car related

Old 5th February 2018, 10:33 PM

I shall keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up.

I've turned off it's availability and pointed to mine to a pool tomorrow.

Old 6th February 2018, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Is this normal behaviour for an Antminer rental wit the dips in Hash rate to 0?

Yo do not seem to be worried at all about the bits than are higher that your advertised hashrate.

It's just the way pool calculates your hashrate based on submitted valid shares. Pool does not know what hashrate is your miner doing and it cannot ask the miner as that could be open to abuse with somebody modifying miner to report higher than actual hasrate so instead pool calculates it based on submitted valid shares. Sometimes it will be bad luck and you will not get share for a while or error in calculation or outdated share. Or the pool might be busy and not calculate hashrate and than include your valid shares in next calculation block and show higher hashrate. Sometimes you will see smooth hasrate, sometimes you will see couple of dips, other times it will all be spikes and dips, it depends on pool the renter is mining. Also if you are mining with GPU's you will see dips when it's mining dev fee. As long as the average hasrate is were you expect it to be it's all fine.

Here is a picture with 3 examples.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	402
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	17886  

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 6th February 2018, 06:24 AM

It looks like you are running each L3+ separately. In my experience higher power miners are in higher demand and you can get a bit more price for them. so I ran all 3 of my L3+s pointed to the same worker ID on MRR and rent out as one at 2 GH/s

8 history:
Old 6th February 2018, 06:29 AM

Asked Baikal again about prices from different email address this time for Giant B and X 10 thinking maybe they have dropped prices but they still want $7k each and MOQ 6

8 history:
Old 6th February 2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
It looks like you are running each L3+ separately. In my experience higher power miners are in higher demand and you can get a bit more price for them. so I ran all 3 of my L3+s pointed to the same worker ID on MRR and rent out as one at 2 GH/s

I don't have the other one yet anyway so only setup on MRR for when I get it to make setting up easier.

I am tempted to setup the miner and balance mine it at antpools to PPS and PPLNS to see which one pays the most.

Last edited by Delboy; 6th February 2018 at 07:00 AM.
Old 6th February 2018, 09:22 AM

Are the asics still getting decent returns?

I'm about to shut my GPU rigs down because they are barely earning £2.50 a day between them after electricity costs They don't even heat the house any more since the new cooling arrangement to cut down the noise.

Have prices on MRR declined at the same rate as Nicehash? My Cryptonight rig did not fare well there because the constant disconnects Cryptonight seems to suffer were even worse on MRR and ruined my average hash rate.
Old 6th February 2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Are the asics still getting decent returns?

I'm about to shut my GPU rigs down because they are barely earning £2.50 a day between them after electricity costs They don't even heat the house any more since the new cooling arrangement to cut down the noise.

Have prices on MRR declined at the same rate as Nicehash? My Cryptonight rig did not fare well there because the constant disconnects Cryptonight seems to suffer were even worse on MRR and ruined my average hash rate.
I made 0.03065467 LTC for 12hrs yesterday on Auto pricing, Currently mining Gulden as that is whats at the top of the list currently on what to mine.

Yes bit grim at the mo, but as long as its still paying for them selves a little i will keep going.

Old 6th February 2018, 10:21 AM

Cryptonight is 0.1842 BTC/MH/day on NiceHash, cheapest on MRR is 0.32000 BTC/MH/day.

SHA256, Scrypt, X11 all are better priced on MRR but difference is smaller.

8 history:
Old 6th February 2018, 10:21 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Well my rigs still make about the same as they did in BTC, even if that equates to less in GBP right now. When the BTC price eventually gets back to where it was (or beyond) the mining I'm doing now will have been very profitable. And, if enough people are deterred from mining, difficulty will start to fall for the remaining miners. That's the way I look at it anyway, because I have no plans to sell any of the cryptocurrency I'm earning any time soon.

When I first played around with mining, nearly 2 years ago, profitability was terrible (at the time). Retrospectively, turns out I was actually earning 10 times more than it seemed (even after the recent price drop).
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 6th February 2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old 6th February 2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
Well my rigs still make about the same as they did in BTC
I was expecting that to be the case, but mine have dropped by a third in the last week, for the same hash rate I expected the return to drop eventually, but not as fast as it has done.