A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 16th February 2018, 12:36 AM

Default Lidl

Popped in Lidl today and saw one of those small oil suction pumps for changing oil etc. £12.99 if I remember correctly.

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 16th February 2018, 09:37 PM

They're advertising Parkside 50L compressors for £119 this weekend, quite a selection of air tools too.

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 16th February 2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
They're advertising Parkside 50L compressors for £119 this weekend, quite a selection of air tools too.
Those look interesting. Now what excuse do I need to buy them? I wonder if we even get those offers over here.

EDIT: Just checked their website and turns out the Lidl stores in NI started selling this stuff yesterday, so chances are slim anything will be left by tomorrow.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds

Last edited by steamship; 16th February 2018 at 11:02 PM.
Old 17th February 2018, 10:28 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

You can get a 50L compressor from SGS for less than that:
https://www.sgs-engineering.com/air-...air-compressor

I have their 6L compressor, which I use for inflating tyres, blowing out the dust in PCs, etc. Had it several years now. It's been a great little compressor.
------------------------------------------------------

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 17th February 2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
You can get a 50L compressor from SGS for less than that:
https://www.sgs-engineering.com/air-...air-compressor
Not so good for us in NI. £43 extra to post the compressor. Will have to go see if I can pick up a compressor and the sand blasting kit at least.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

Old 17th February 2018, 01:57 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Wow. Why is delivery so expensive and difficult to NI? You're still part of the UK, right?

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 17th February 2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
Wow. Why is delivery so expensive and difficult to NI? You're still part of the UK, right?
That is a very contentious issue with people living here. We've always been treated like we're some far off country and delivery arrives on the back of a pony.

I have noticed in the last year or so that a lot of eBay sellers won't even deliver to NI, or for that matter to outlying islands and Northern Scotland. Something to do with their being too many types of courier available, and I suppose they probably get some sort of discount by staying with one courier. What's really worse is that some will offer international delivery to Southern Ireland but won't even deliver within the UK. It's cheaper for them to post something half way around the world than to post within the UK.

Old 18th February 2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Not so good for us in NI. £43 extra to post the compressor. Will have to go see if I can pick up a compressor and the sand blasting kit at least.
FWIW, the sand “blaster” will probably be useless! They need a lot of air!
Old 18th February 2018, 12:07 PM

I agree about sandblaster, I had one included along with several other tools when I bought compressor and it's not that powerful, creates a lot of dust and does not want to work with regular sand so you need to buy expensive special sand.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 18th February 2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrstaylor View Post
FWIW, the sand “blaster” will probably be useless! They need a lot of air!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
I agree about sandblaster, I had one included along with several other tools when I bought compressor and it's not that powerful, creates a lot of dust and does not want to work with regular sand so you need to buy expensive special sand.
That's a pity. I have two cast iron fireplaces in the bedrooms which have been painted numerous times over the past 90+ years. I was thinking I could sandblast them back to bare metal and then get some proper black paint for them.